GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
ive driven SB stage 3, SB stage 2, and dkm stage 3 twin disk now and i must say the dkm has the best feel and is the quietest. with the twin disks being organic you will get more life and higher torque ratings from it. just my .02

Thanks for the reply as I've never driven any of those others so I don't have any comparison. I hardly ever see any GTI's around me in central PA either. If any, usually a college kid going to PSU.

Dr.Bora

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you order from? I noticed ECS site today says backorder where it did not yesterday. Wondering also if I should order sooner than later.

I ordered mine 3/8 and was informed a few days later that the ETA was june 1st. A week after that it changed to 3-4 weeks. They are doing the best they can to get these made. Got to think that this company doesn't only make this kit and has many other kits they have to machine flywheels for and they may not have 5 cnc or lathe machines going 24/7. Im trying to be as patient as possible and im sure it will def be worth the wait

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I ordered mine 3/8 and was informed a few days later that the ETA was june 1st. A week after that it changed to 3-4 weeks. They are doing the best they can to get these made. Got to think that this company doesn't only make this kit and has many other kits they have to machine flywheels for and they may not have 5 cnc or lathe machines going 24/7. Im trying to be as patient as possible and im sure it will def be worth the wait

Wow, I guess I should get mine on order sooner than later considering my clutch is slipping and it isn't going to get any better.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
FYI per BMPTuning who I'd emailed this morning asking about the back order status:
"This is currently on backorder from DKM with an estimated ETA of April 20th – We have on order currently quite a few with DKM, the longer you wait, the less likely it is you’d be able to snag one from their production run (as they would have sold more than they had produced) – I would suggest purchasing it and waiting if you aren’t in immediate need."
I placed my order today from them. With the rewards pts just from this I'll get $50 off discount towards another purchase.

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
TTRS if you want dead silent and DMF for $500 total or DKM twin disk if you want the best SMF clutch upgrade for a bit more than twice the price.

Those seem like the only two options that any MK7 owner should consider.
Couldn't have said it better.
ive driven SB stage 3, SB stage 2, and dkm stage 3 twin disk now and i must say the dkm has the best feel and is the quietest. with the twin disks being organic you will get more life and higher torque ratings from it. just my .02

Every southbend I've heard has sounded like rocks in a dryer lol.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
It was $1295 when they first came out. Then in December they were on sale for 10% off. I got mine for $1200 shipped from UroTuning as they matched the 10% ECS Tuning Sale...but yes, they have gone up now that people know who they are. That's one of the reasons I jumped on this before a tune...I figured if this clutch was all that then it will eventually go up.

I went ahead and ordered from Urotuning yesterday, I really think my clutch is on it's last legs now anyways...

next up, the LSD!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
TTRS if you want dead silent and DMF for $500 total or DKM twin disk if you want the best SMF clutch upgrade for a bit more than twice the price.

Those seem like the only two options that any MK7 owner should consider.
If your clutch is slipping you'll need to replace the flywheel as well. So you'd be looking at a minimum of $800-900

...Every southbend I've heard has sounded like rocks in a dryer lol.
Huh? I've been shotgun in a stage 3+ gti with a stage 3 endurance clutch. The only time I noticed any rattle was at low engine rpm high load situations. Even then it was only barely noticeable.

I've also driven a friend's mk6 stage 2 plus golf R with a stage 3 daily clutch. No rattle at all when I drove it. Grabbed very well. And rev matching was a joy!

If rattle annoys you and want to make sure your engine is better protected get a Fluidampr.

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed
If your clutch is slipping you'll need to replace the flywheel as well. So you'd be looking at a minimum of $800-900

Huh? I've been shotgun in a stage 3+ gti with a stage 3 endurance clutch. The only time I noticed any rattle was at low engine rpm high load situations. Even then it was only barely noticeable.

I've also driven a friend's mk6 stage 2 plus golf R with a stage 3 daily clutch. No rattle at all when I drove it. Grabbed very well. And rev matching was a joy!

If rattle annoys you and want to make sure your engine is better protected get a Fluidampr.

my stock clutch went 41k miles and slipping for about 15k of it.... the stock clutch still had grooves and looked decent and the dmf was almost perfect... i guess its all about how you drive while its slipping

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
And now we wait... :):D:p

Attachments

• bmp.jpg
    bmp.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 374

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Anyone else happen to order from BMPTuning.com? I just noticed on their site that it doesn't make mention of throw-out bearing as the kit on the ECS site does. I sent BMP an email to clarify the kit has everything needed.

I didn't think to ask when i talked to Autrey yesterday. I would assume the kit is the same no matter who you buy from.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I didn't think to ask when i talked to Autrey yesterday. I would assume the kit is the same no matter who you buy from.
Just make sure you bench bleed the tb and make sure there are no leaks. I had to pull my transmission right back out because I didn't double check it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Just make sure you bench bleed the tb and make sure there are no leaks. I had to pull my transmission right back out because I didn't double check it.

Yeah I saw, I read this whole thread like 3 times. I was originally going to get the stage 2 clutch but this thread convinced me I was wrong. lol.

Thanks for all the good info man.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Stuck In Gear?

Ok, so I'm having an odd issue. When ever I'm in reverse or 1st gear and I have to modulate the clutch, think slow stop n go traffic going forward but never leaving first, the shifter gets stuck or is hard to get out of gear. I'm momentarily stuck in gear and have to sort of pump the clutch and then I can get out of gear.

Now I thought could be my shifter alignment and the Boomba Racing Short Shift Adapter. I removed the short shifter adapter and did another shifter alignment. While shifting is smooth I still had an instance when I got stuck in gear. Now it seems like it's happening less often as the clutch has broken in or it's not as stuck as it was when I first got the clutch. I'm just wondering if anyone is having this issue or does anyone have an idea of what could this be...is my shift alignment still off?

I have about 1400 miles on the clutch.

Also, at the same time of the clutch install I added the ECS Bleeder Block, OEM Metal Shifter Bracket, Torque Solutions Bracket Bushing and the ECS Stainless Steel Clutch line (left the swirl valve in). Not sure if any of those can be a cause.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok, so I'm having an odd issue. When ever I'm in reverse or 1st gear and I have to modulate the clutch, think slow stop n go traffic going forward but never leaving first, the shifter gets stuck or is hard to get out of gear. I'm momentarily stuck in gear and have to sort of pump the clutch and then I can get out of gear.

Now I thought could be my shifter alignment and the Boomba Racing Short Shift Adapter. I removed the short shifter adapter and did another shifter alignment. While shifting is smooth I still had an instance when I got stuck in gear. Now it seems like it's happening less often as the clutch has broken in or it's not as stuck as it was when I first got the clutch. I'm just wondering if anyone is having this issue or does anyone have an idea of what could this be...is my shift alignment still off?

I have about 1400 miles on the clutch.

Also, at the same time of the clutch install I added the ECS Bleeder Block, OEM Metal Shifter Bracket, Torque Solutions Bracket Bushing and the ECS Stainless Steel Clutch line (left the swirl valve in). Not sure if any of those can be a cause.
Never had that issue, rebleed your clutch