GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - Mud guard/Splash guard fitting

allan.jensen.5496

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi.

Just browsing through the Golf accessory program and thing I might go for a set of these.
How about the DIY part for this? I am in no way a mechanic but on the misses Fabia 2015 it was a 15 minute (remove screws and reuse for flaps) job.
Is it like this on the Golf (GTE) also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I had a Fabia & did mine also, very quick, however the Golf isn't. There are about 5 fixings for each flap & yes you remove some screws & re-use, but you also have to drill new additional holes through the fabric wheel arch liner & the plastic under trays, & to get easy access to do this you remove the wheels.

The instructions are clear in the boxes.

vidman

Ready to race!
Only took me about 40 mins to do all 4 on my GTi, just turned the front wheels but had to take the back ones off.

allan.jensen.5496

Passed Driver's Ed
I see. This explains the price listed for these (includes fitting here in DK) im no good with tools so might just break something...

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
Hi.

Just browsing through the Golf accessory program and thing I might go for a set of these.
How about the DIY part for this? I am in no way a mechanic but on the misses Fabia 2015 it was a 15 minute (remove screws and reuse for flaps) job.
Is it like this on the Golf (GTE) also.

I did the fronts only- VERY simple job- the provided instruction sheet is very easy to follow.I used a 5/16 drill ( I didn't have an 8mm bit) All the drilled holes go through plastic so there's no issue with bare metal surfaces...Simply get the auto off the ground, remove the wheel and follow the supplied instruction sheet---It took me 15 minutes a side....