Attachments

• IMG_20200916_112209_2.jpg
    IMG_20200916_112209_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 194

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
Well dont I feel like a dummy. I kept looking at those little things and wondering if they did anything... OY!

Lights are on and aligned pretty good. Still not OEM level alignment but not noticeably different. Thank you for the coding instructions, I needed them!

Would you happen to remember if it was an allen key you used, and if so, what size? I bought some VLAND tails, and the passenger side doesn't fit right. I've tried 3mm and 4mm allens, and neither seemed to work. TIA.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Would you happen to remember if it was an allen key you used, and if so, what size? I bought some VLAND tails, and the passenger side doesn't fit right. I've tried 3mm and 4mm allens, and neither seemed to work. TIA.
The adjustment screws on the Vland ones are a pain in the butt. I would just sand away the standoffs with a dremel/sandpaper for those ones.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I dont know the size but it was like the biggest one I could fit in the hole. Shine a light in there to see the orientation of the hex and make sure its in and engaged before you start turning. If you round it out not sure what you can do to recover it.

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
Thank you both. I tried the flashlight thing, and I couldn't get it to turn anything. I'll go the dremel route.

On another note- how reliable have these tails been for you? I've read horror stories about water getting into the tail lights & cars due to these. Do you think that's because they didn't set them up right? Anyone have any LED's stop working? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Update: After either after a new battery install or Unitronic Stage 1 tune

I got a right rear tail light "bulb" when i turn my lights on

Here's the fix =D

HemnJimy

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI
Hello guys,

A little help if possible, i bought those taillights from a company called VLand, my car is Mk7 GTI(factory halogen taillights)the lights come with a yellow wire to connect the inner and outer lights, the lights plug in to my car but the turn signal dose not work,, so the on both sides the inner and outer each has 3 wires , i have shown the driver outer side as an example,, will the guide from OP work with lights?
IMG_20220111_233713.jpg
IMG_20220111_234146.jpg

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Hello guys,

A little help if possible, i bought those taillights from a company called VLand, my car is Mk7 GTI(factory halogen taillights)the lights come with a yellow wire to connect the inner and outer lights, the lights plug in to my car but the turn signal dose not work,, so the on both sides the inner and outer each has 3 wires , i have shown the driver outer side as an example,, will the guide from OP work with lights? View attachment 235325View attachment 235324
I have these exact lamps in the Mk7 R. Give me a minute and I will post some info.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

HemnJimy

Car(s)
MK 7 GTI

Canecreekfreak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI sport
I used the instructions from the link in this post- https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/vland-mk7-5-sequential-taillight.386591/post-7685117 (post #14)

Connecting that included yellow wire without any coding didn't do anything for me. I then tried some coding, which got things working, but not properly. Then I tried a harness from Amazon, and that just messed things up. Then I followed the instructions on the linked post, and everything worked perfectly.

So you don't need any additional harness, just follow the directions linked in the post I copied above about repinning wires, and then do the coding, and everything should work properly. At least it did for my 2017 GTI sport (USA).

Note- be sure to write down any differences in your stock coding so you can change it back if you need to later.