GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve Connector Keeps Coming Off

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
So the connector on my diverter valve keeps coming off when I'm autocrossing. Happened once a a few months ago. Scanned it (got something like the codes below), opened the hood and the connector was off. A-HA! I'm a idiot, just put on the IS38+ must not have plugged it in tight. So I plug it back in, clear the codes, and kept running without issue. Had a couple more autocrosses with out an issue, and then today it did it three times.

The qusetion is, do I just zip tie that bitch on there to make sure it doesn't come off, or is there something else that's wrong that's actually causing this thing to pop off?

Address 01: Engine (J623-CXCB) Labels:. 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5G0 906 259 A HW: 06K 907 425 B
Component: 2.0l R4 TFSI H13 0405
Revision: --H13---
Coding: 091D00124424002F1000
Shop #: WSC 00066 790 00218
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259A 001007
ROD: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259A.rod
VCID: 2C5751AD4708C5E69F-8078

1 Fault Found:
15015 - Turbocharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit
P0033 00 [168] - Malfunction / Open Circuit
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Mileage: 123176 km
Date: 2020.10.03
Time: 15:36:09

Engine speed: 4362.75 /min
Normed load value: 0.0 %
Vehicle speed: 141 km/h
Coolant temperature: 105 °C
Intake air temperature: 29 °C
Ambient air pressure: 990 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.062 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Engine: operating status: PUC
STATE_LS_SAE[1]: OL_INTR
T_AST_SAE: 981 s
MAP_MES_SAE: 26 kPa
Lambda probe voltage: bank 1: probe 1 (broadband probe): 1.665 V
FAC_TPS_1_SAE: 15.234375 %
FUP_H_SAE: 15390.0 kPa

Readiness: 0010 1100

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
That's what's so weird. After the first time it happened today, I pushed it down until it clicked and pulled up really hard and it didn't come off. Yet somehow it came off two more times. It does seem like there is a little bit of play (maybe a mm or two) between the click and when it's fully seated. Will mess with it more tomorrow. Thanks diggs.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
I have the same isse, just happened yesterday and on the is38+, im thinking the dv that came with the is38+ Is the issue since its not a stock dc. Im thinking of buying a oem dv to see if it fixed the issue. Does anyone know the difference between rev c and rev j dv’s? Does rev c have any problems?

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
I have the same isse, just happened yesterday and on the is38+, im thinking the dv that came with the is38+ Is the issue since its not a stock dc. Im thinking of buying a oem dv to see if it fixed the issue. Does anyone know the difference between rev c and rev j dv’s? Does rev c have any problems?

Yeah I think you're right. It seems to fit a little loose. Still weird that it would pop off though, right?

Please come back and let us know how it goes.

I'm busy and lazy so will probably just zip tie it at the next autox on the 18th.

I guess if worse comes to worse I could swap the one off my IS20 right? Those are interchangable?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
That happened to me once; wound up getting Vw to replace it because zipties and the like weren't effective. if you wanna be ghetto you could put some butyl rubber or something in the plug (non-connector surface related of course) to kind of help wedge it in better

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
That happened to me once; wound up getting Vw to replace it because zipties and the like weren't effective. if you wanna be ghetto you could put some butyl rubber or something in the plug (non-connector surface related of course) to kind of help wedge it in better
So did they replace the plug or the DV?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Broke my DV clip and rewiring a new one was pretty pricey. But if the clip doesn't hold and pops off the pigeons come running. Stututututu

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I broke my DV clip a while back and it would come off too. For a while I used aluminum tape and it held it very well, but I ended up replacing the clip. Was super cheap and easy once I found the right parts.

GTI_JoEy

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE 6SPD M
I broke my DV clip a while back and it would come off too. For a while I used aluminum tape and it held it very well, but I ended up replacing the clip. Was super cheap and easy once I found the right parts.
Can you share the link please?