GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter Valve causes boost leaks?

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
Hi guys, I’m planning to upgrade to GFB diverter valve however someone told me that it causes boost leaks? Anyone had experience this?

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The stock DV is the most recommended by tuners, including in big turbo applications. Don't mess with what ain't broke.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ran the GFB dv+ on my mk6 and it did wonders for the car as it would have boosts leaks at peak.

tried it on this car and and saw ZERO effect negative or positive, lucky it was something I had from the mk6 so I was not out the money For a part that the only noticeable benefit I had was the ability to say I had a DV+, lol.

with the new turbo it’s just the stock DV alone cause the inlet design won’t allow for a spacer or dV+

if you just want the audible sound of the pressure release when you let off the gas - go with a spacer and save your coin towards something with more bang.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I reckon valve diverter spacer wouldn’t be a problem?
Some people have had issues with them. The general consenus with this platform...
1) If you want PSSSSST noises from a BOV, run an open air intake.
2) If your DV is leaking boost, replace with a later revision STOCK DV.
3) If you want to maximize holding boost, Stock DV.
4) If you want max performance, Stock DV.

I think the closest thing we have to a sideways upgrade (not any better then stock, but equivalent) is the one turbosmart DV. But when you see the cars pushing 400+ WHP running the stock DV, it really is a good part.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I’m planning to upgrade to GFB diverter valve however someone told me that it causes boost leaks? Anyone had experience this?

No boost leaks on my GFB DV+. Been using it for around 2 years and 15K miles. Boost was surging on my E40 tune at part throttle around 3K-3.5K, making it hard to drive smoothly, and the DV+ fixed it. Another local guy had a nearly identical situation with his APR tune and the DV+ fixed his too. My stock DV was in good shape, so I can't blame a broken DV.

hrant

Car(s)
2018 Golf GTI SE
I reckon valve diverter spacer wouldn’t be a problem?
I know I’m a little late to the party, but my DV spacer is causing a pretty big boost leak RN, i’m running a cobb ots stage 1 tune while i wait for my downpipe and eqt stage 2 to arrive. Definitely recommend to keep stock DV if you’re planning to up boost!