GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discussion about VTT continued

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
This is getting ridiculous. I said that people interested in going fast (1/4) that bought a GTI did so because they couldn't afford an R.

Pacdawg is a perfect example, although he is still using budget parts. If he spent the money on belaks, MPI and Eurodyne/UM, he would be in the 11's. Why is that not the case? Because he has a self imposed/forced budget that drove him towards a minor step up on the is38 and a middle of the road drag setup. (This is not me singling you out, as I did the same thing you did).

VTT had stated "I ran a 10 and no one else did (besides a purpose built APR car) so therefore my turbo is the best".

My response was the above. Going 10's on your turbo means that you (VTT) made a whopping 15-25whp more than what the guys who went 11.1 @124/125 did on the IS38.

The reason you don't see more GTI's in the 10's is because people don't have the money or incentive to spend the cash to make a FWD run 10s - those people went with an AWD platform. And when you analyze the AWD MQB list, you will see that his turbo is mediocre at best, with a MAXED setup yielding minor trap speed increases over an IS38 and the power of a Boss 500 - nowhere near an EFR, IMS650 or Boss 700.

Adulting can put a downer on ones mod budget thats for sure. With 3k a month morgage, car payments, utilities plus kids and other adult stuff I'm not left with much money for modding. So if these budget turbos were not available I'd be stuck with a ticking time bomb is38 that would never get into 10s. I'm not trying to break records or anything so these budget mods suits me just fine.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Mods said "post when you have new information". As that hasn't happened, minus a minor update in the variety of snake he is using in his oil, since the initial vaporware posts, I am hoping we're done with his bullshit.

I'll be waiting for real-world results from customers. I'm just concerned that I will be too old to read the tiny little letters on the computer by the time that happens.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I'm afraid anyone who has stuck it out this long is probably too ashamed to admit it.