GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discussion about VTT continued

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Educational thread only, no trolling, simply facts and discussion only.

The entire point of a forum is to enter into educated discussions on the topics that matter to our platform, so as long as this stays clean it shouldn't be censored.

Since it seems Tony does not understand what the word "fact" means. Simply saying the word "fact" does not make it fact. Provide proof if you make that statement. Larger size is my response.

The DBV2 did 127mph on stock fuel system on ms109 in an R, 10.97. - Thank you Golf R ran slower than us on fuel with higher Octane than E85, but requires 30% less volume so yes you do not need a fuel system. I like to pay $2.79 for fuel not $12 gallon. - Facts But that's not facts, the car went faster than you, what are you talking about? 10.97 is faster than 10.98 last time I checked - 300lbs heavier also.
It then did 130mph on only 30psi during testing at MIR. - Ok great again a Golf R that is not as quick as a GTI - Facts Refer above, it is indeed faster than you. Where are you getting your information from? I think 130 is faster than you trapped, again, in a heavier car.
Did 128mph on 50% 93 50% ms103 in an S3 with only rear seats out (downpipe, stock catback, passenger seat in, 2500DA). All of this on a LPFP upgrade, no MPI or E85. - Again AWD car compared to a GTI, I am not sure if you have heard 1/4 Et is all in the launch. You drop 1/10th off the 60 you pick up 2/10's on the back end. Again Race gas requires much less volume, you only need MPI, and fuel pumps to support the volume needed for E85. Again, we like E85 its cheap, and plentiful, but its no magic sir. - FACTS
So its gone faster than you, with 300lbs more. - Faster still not quicker - FACTS
no, it went faster and quicker. You ran 10.985 @ 126, the S3 did 10.92 @ 128.x....that is quicker and faster....
The boss 500 did 130mph in a heavier A3. Again AWD, faster still not quicker - FACTS basically same ET and 3.5 mph more.....only on E30. Heavier.
The EFR on soft settings (30psi) did 11.1 @ 131mph in a manual GTI. - Since when is 30PSI soft settings on a stock motor. This must be a built motor. no comparison - FACTS LOL Tony, you are extremely uneducated about this platform which is why some of us feel the need to enter into discussions with you. This motor is indeed completely stock and MANY of us are running 30-32psi daily on big turbos and have been for a long time. This turbo will wipe the floor with your offering on pump gas and it isn't even close. There is tons of data on it's performance including numerous 10.7x's on 93 fuel only.
142mph is completely untouchable unless you dropped a GTI motor into an EG hatch with your turbo and a 100 shot. - No sir I would have to do what Tyler did, strip the car to a tin can, fully build the motor, upgrade every single part in the drivetrain including trans, LSD, axles, you name it, then throw 36+ psi at it - FACTS That sounds like an opinion? Show us your compressor mapping chart that you will outflow the EFR and/or go run 10.1 @ 142. I guess you haven't, right? Then you really shouldn't be making statements that your $1500 china turbo is going to outperform a $2600 unit which has tons of data and actual facts to back it up.

California vw605 etc whatever posted this:

Didn't Sam's motor blow up shortly after trapping 130? Obviously was tuned on the ragged edge, then again not surprised coming from a Tooner that thinks 15:1 afr is fine while running 25+ psi.
Cars run .99 lambda from the factory when not in EGT temp protection of full load mode. This isn't a problem it is for emissions. AFR is useless since it needs to be adjusted for fuel source. Speak lambda only and show me logs of him saying this or doing that.

I find it odd your defending the dbv2 setup so much. You ran that turbo for what, a month? Must not have been that great?! Then switched to the boss 600 and still didn't put up any impressive dyno or drag times. Fourth times a charm I guess since the efr is a decent turbo for our motors. Although if all I wanted was 480-520whp and quick spool I'd save $4k and just buy the vtt when it's available.
Fastest 6mt mk7 on dragy, what are you talking about? Just because I didn't have good enough slicks to throw down a 1/4 time?
Dyno numbers are useless. The fact you are being a sheep and believing that the "VTT" turbo dynoed 530whp then ran 126mph in the 1/4 shows your ignorance.
The DBV2 held it's own during the latest dyno session I held and there have been a few GTI's running 127+mph. The EFR is definitely better though.

And decent turbo? sounds like a troll since the APR EFR kit is the hands down best overall turbo offered on our platform right now.
Spool equal to small $1500 turbo, with better top end and reliability like a full frame turbo, that will do 10.6 @ 132+ on pump gas.

Last edited:

ashiun

Ready to race!
Not gonna lie, this formatting is giving me a headache.

I'm sure there's a dialogue going on here, but I'm not having an easy time making it out.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm In

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
one of my many beefs iS that Vargas keeps saying " SHOW ME A GTI" that does blah blah blah but at the end of the day wether it is a gti or a golf r or an a3 or an s3 its really the same motor in relation to the power outputs each car is making.
How can you claim to make more power than everyone else on a very aggressive e85 setup when heavier cars are outrapping you with less HP?
Dyno numbers can be fudged so i rely on trap speeds to give me an indication of the amount of power the car makes. Having said that the trap speed of other ( more expensive, proven reliability) turbos out there are more than the vtt turbo and they are heavier cars, therefore, you can deduce that they are making more power.

I ask this question of vargas, how come you are still talking about your slips from 10 months ago. you claimed the track was not hooking and had to turn the power down, if this is true the track must have been better sometime in the last 10 months. NO? did you go and run slower than your best day in January 2018?

radoroc

Ready to race!
The thing that bugged me the most was his repetitive rant about his custon housing and everyone else is using an inferior generic one. Someone is having regrets on wasting time and money for no gains. If it's not broke, don't fix it. He's all talk, nothing more.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
He's lost all customers off the forums - maybe he can get a few from walk ins? Haha

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
In all honesty, if you keep an open mind and go back and read about their work on some of the BMW forums, there is tremendous support for VTT. They seem to have done a great job with their platforms while completely rubbing everyone in that segment the wrong way as well. LOL.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Can you imagine having a warranty issue? Good lord it would probably be your fault!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The thing that bugged me the most was his repetitive rant about his custon housing and everyone else is using an inferior generic one. Someone is having regrets on wasting time and money for no gains. If it's not broke, don't fix it. He's all talk, nothing more.

Exactly... Those generic "copycats", according to him, are using a piece that is proven that works so why fix something that isn't broke. I really don't care that they use a IS38 housing. It works with better internals!