GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Difference between sport driving mode and sport transmission mode

baygti

Does anyone know the difference? If I have transmission in sport mode but driving mode is in normal, what happens? There's only one "S" that appears when in transmission sport mode. Can't figure out what overrides t the other and what the effect is.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are in sports mode without using paddle, then it will shift at redline. Using paddle shifters in sports mode you decide when to shift. Is that what you mean ? ><

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Sport driving mode makes it louder and steering heavier. Sport mode on transmission makes it hold gears longer.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If I have this right, Sport MODE will initially put the transmission in sport until you toggle the shift lever to D. Then the shift lever controls the transmission irrespective of the MODE. Even if the transmission is in S, it will default to D if you restart the car, even if the MODE is still in sport. Most stupid feature I've ever seen. I leave my MODE in Individual and set to sport for all parameters except suspension and steering.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Your owner's manual is the first stop.

And the search function is your second stop. This has been answered many many times on the forums.