GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Detailed up the R!

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Well last week I went after the 911. Today it was the R's turn.

Start out with the foam cannon/wash

Then clay bar. I was surprised at how much dirt the clay bar pulled off. Yes, this is my DD but it's only a bit over 1 year old.

Then I rinsed it off again with the pressure washer and pulled it into my garage, where I dried it thoroughly with a humongous micro fiber towel. After that I went at it with the DA and compound, which did a great job of removing some light scratches in the clear coat that were on the roof and hood.

Then hit with the polish on the DA. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull out the scratches on the clear bra on the hood, so those are just going to have to stay. Bummer!

Then I hit it with the ceramic coat. All in all, probably 6 hours of work. I'm detailed out for a bit I think. The results are awesome tho, the darker grey on the R shows reflections better than the light silver of the 911.

When I switch over to the winter wheels I'll ceramic coat the summer Neuspeed wheels.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti

Then clay bar. I was surprised at how much dirt the clay bar pulled off. Yes, this is my DD but it's only a bit over 1 year old.

Then I rinsed it off again with the pressure washer and pulled it into my garage, where I dried it thoroughly with a humongous micro fiber towel. After that I went at it with the DA and compound, which did a great job of removing some light scratches in the clear coat that were on the roof and hood.

Then hit with the polish on the DA. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pull out the scratches on the clear bra on the hood, so those are just going to have to stay. Bummer!

Then I hit it with the ceramic coat. All in all, probably 6 hours of work. I'm detailed out for a bit I think. The results are awesome tho, the darker grey on the R shows reflections better than the light silver of the 911.

When I switch over to the winter wheels I'll ceramic coat the summer Neuspeed wheels.
Looks great nice detail job. I did mine on Sunday. 🤗

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Great garage. Oh and the cars are pretty great too.

Lager_Ace

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
What brand of clear bra do you have on ? I have XPEL, I've notice just leaving it out in the direct sun for a couple of days helped self heal and clear up all the micro swirls. Obviously if the scratches are to deep you're hooped.
Have you tried SONAX fallout cleaner? I found it took most of those little spots that stick to the clear coat from winter driving. I didn't have to clay bar as much.
Perfect line-up of cars in your Garage 😁(y) cheers.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Think it's just 3M, definitely not XPEL. Haven't tried Sonax, Adams Polishes is local to me so I'm using their stuff.

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
Think it's just 3M, definitely not XPEL. Haven't tried Sonax, Adams Polishes is local to me so I'm using their stuff.

Very nice! I'm actually going to be doing this to my R this coming weekend.

By the way, what mud guards are you running?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Us guys in the UK can only dream of having a garage like that. :(

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Car looks good.

Let's detail up the garage floor next! I'd be going crazy if my floor looked like that..!!
I don't even park my daily drivers inside during the winter just for that reason.

I have a garage so I *don't* have to park outside! The tiles are the color they are. I've tried cleaning them up and without physically removing them from the garage and power washing them tile by tile, that's as clean as they get. They have perforations in them, which are great in the winter as they're not slippery, but they allow all the dirt etc to get below them. So there's no way for me to pressure wash them clean. If I had to do it again I'd get the solid plastic tiles, those I could easily pressure wash and squeegee broom clean.