GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Demon Trans tries to bankrupt me, at least it's not a DSG - that would be gay

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Not smart/sure who is right.

Except for lost packages, rule is until it's delivered it's responsibility of seller. Porch Pirates are on the buyers dime.

Edit I am leaning twds Ringer being in the right

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Not smart/sure who is right.

Except for lost packages, rule is until it's delivered it's responsibility of seller. Porch Pirates are on the buyers dime.

Edit I am leaning twds Ringer being in the right
He's in the right how? He's claiming I scammed him out of a clutch after he already admitted it was defective

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
OP's posts have the energy of someone who's like 5'5" and 120lb soaking wet trying to be a hardass.
Says the guy interjecting himself into conversations to talk shit. Quit projecting

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I did find a 15k miles trans on car-part.com for $700 but turned out to not be in as great of a condition as they described. There was another one for $925 shipped but the car it came out of looked like it got trampled by a T. rex. So for now I've just been driving around only using 1st 2nd and 5th, lol.

Earlier I was looking at a 2018 s5 (link below), but after starting to order it I found out there's no extended warranty available with it . The s5 is the only car I've seen where they don't offer it... Started researching other warranty options but stopped after a while to get focused back on work. Not really in a rush to make a decision right away, keeping my eyes peeled for either the right trans or car to pop up

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2771353
If you're over it, and if I were in your shoes, at this point I think I would be: just go electric. Used tesla model 3 performance. In my view, if you're going auto might as well go electric.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If you're over it, and if I were in your shoes, at this point I think I would be: just go electric. Used tesla model 3 performance. In my view, if you're going auto might as well go electric.
You know what... the more I see about them the more I like em. But if I get an electric car I'd still want the GTI in the stable for the weekends. Only have about $5k owed, so once it's paid off next year I might just pick up a M3P for a daily. Then I wouldn't be as worried messing around with fuel pumps and everything. Would be an enjoyable combo of cars for sure.

Plus I keep hearing that repo's are on the rise so car prices are expected to finally start going back down in the next few months.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You know what... the more I see about them the more I like em. But if I get an electric car I'd still want the GTI in the stable for the weekends. Only have about $5k owed, so once it's paid off next year I might just pick up a M3P for a daily. Then I wouldn't be as worried messing around with fuel pumps and everything. Would be an enjoyable combo of cars for sure.

Plus I keep hearing that repo's are on the rise so car prices are expected to finally start going back down in the next few months.
I am in the same boat. There is 2021 m3p with 20km on it selling for 53 Canadian with full auto pilot near me, I'm scoping it out pretty hard, was gonna go drive it this weekend but stayed up too late last night playing hogwarts legacy and now I have a bit of a headache so I don't wanna leave the house.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
just bought a shift knob of someone on here. they insured the package...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
OP should have brought a DSG equipped GTI.
They're sturdier, and quicker.
He should find different outlets for asserting what counts as masculinity other than the mechanism by which the transmission of the vehicle he drives changes gears.
I'd suggest surrounding himself with friends and peers who do not judge him on such superficial attributes.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
youknow-you.gif

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
OP should have brought a DSG equipped GTI.
They're sturdier, and quicker.
He should find different outlets for asserting what counts as masculinity other than the mechanism by which the transmission of the vehicle he drives changes gears.
I'd suggest surrounding himself with friends and peers who do not judge him on such superficial attributes.
What is this rainbow propaganda?