GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoLED LED vs. HID in reflectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAS_STIG

Banned
This conversation has run its course I think, you have no ability to accept that LEDs in your housing are a safety liability, and any criticism seems to fall on deaf and arrogant ears. More than half the replies here seem to agree with the same assessment yet you flat out ignore them and all cited reasoning in that regard.

Good luck to you, you’ll need it in this life with that attitude.

You have no factual input on the deAutoLED product, but only generalities that you have picked up elsewhere for different products. We thank you for your input thus far. Please stop.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
You have no factual input on the deAutoLED product, but only generalities that you have picked up elsewhere for different products. We thank you for your input thus far. Please stop.

Speak for yourself. No one can speak for the community, there is no elected representative.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
That's exactly why I'm adjusting my reflectors to make sure I don't blind others.

Too many folks like that where I live.

Soooo, you're going to reduce YOUR safety by improperly aiming the car's headlights so you maybe don't completely blind the cars coming towards you? Not too sure you're thinking this one through properly.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Soooo, you're going to reduce YOUR safety by improperly aiming the car's headlights so you maybe don't completely blind the cars coming towards you? Not too sure you're thinking this one through properly.

"improperly" please come over and aim them properly for me.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
This conversation has run its course I think, you have no ability to accept that LEDs in your housing are a safety liability, and any criticism seems to fall on deaf and arrogant ears. More than half the replies here seem to agree with the same assessment yet you flat out ignore them and all cited reasoning in that regard.

Good luck to you, you’ll need it in this life with that attitude.

There's nothing for me to accept. I asked technical questions. If I wanted you to teach me life, I would have asked. But I did not. You had no input to provide as far as the original topic questions were concerned. Shutting up and going on your merry way is the least you can do.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
"improperly" please come over and aim them properly for me.

There is a proper way to align the headlights, otherwise you will blind on coming drivers. The issue with aftermarket kits in reflector housings, is that even if the cut off is aligned properly, on coming drivers will still be dazzled due to the way the reflector housing reflects lights. Aftermarket companies use different methods to help fix that, but in the end they are all "for off road use only" as defined by the law. Now it's rare you would encounter legal issues with an aftermarket set up, but you will likely encounter far more road rage issues.

I for one will turn on my high beams against an oncoming driver with improperly aligned headlights, or aftermarket kits that dazzle. If it is a driver behind me, I will let them go around and then hit my high beams. Is it a smart thing to do? No.

Also there is a whole section of the forums dedicated to this, as well as more than one thread already covering this issue. Use google to search to forums instead of the forums search. It will yield better results. But as a smarty pants engineer, I'm sure you know how to use the internet and google :p . Engineers drool and mechanics rule... because we are constantly fixing your fuck ups.

Edit: Note this is not the technical section of the forums, and since you asked a technical question (by your own reasoning), this was the wrong place to do so. So of course you didn't get the answer you were looking for. If I want to make my dick bigger, I don't post a thread asking for help in the "making your breasts bigger" section of the forum. Maybe that's just me though. :D Just trying to bring some informative comedic relief to the thread.

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I for one will turn on my high beams against an oncoming driver with improperly aligned headlights, or aftermarket kits that dazzle. If it is a driver behind me, I will let them go around and then hit my high beams. Is it a smart thing to do? No.
There's a much easier way to go about this. Adjust your rear view so they have the pleasure of viewing the intensity of their headlights.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
There's a much easier way to go about this. Adjust your rear view so they have the pleasure of viewing the intensity of their headlights.

That actually works? I've always wondered. Any advice?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There is a proper way to align the headlights, otherwise you will blind on coming drivers. The issue with aftermarket kits in reflector housings, is that even if the cut off is aligned properly, on coming drivers will still be dazzled due to the way the reflector housing reflects lights. Aftermarket companies use different methods to help fix that, but in the end they are all "for off road use only" as defined by the law. Now it's rare you would encounter legal issues with an aftermarket set up, but you will likely encounter far more road rage issues.

Also there is a whole section of the forums dedicated to this, as well as more than one thread already covering this issue. Use google to search to forums instead of the forums search. It will yield better results. But as a smarty pants engineer, I'm sure you know how to use the internet and google :p . Engineers drool and mechanics rule... because we are constantly fixing your fuck ups.

Edit: Note this is not the technical section of the forums, and since you asked a technical question (by your own reasoning), this was the wrong place to do so. So of course you didn't get the answer you were looking for. If I want to make my dick bigger, I don't post a thread asking for help in the "making your breasts bigger" section of the forum. Maybe that's just me though. :D Just trying to bring some informative comedic relief to the thread.

"because we are constantly fixing your fuck ups." as of lately, I've been the one fixing other engineers' fuck ups.

I'm well aware of the effect LEDs and reflectors have when combined. Instead of just sticking them them in and saying "fuck you all," I spend time aligning the lights so as to get a good illumination distance for myself and eliminate glare for oncoming traffic. And the only reason I do that is because most of the folks I meet on the road are normal people, not the moralizing douchebags on this forum.

I've seen myriad threads in this forum that deal with technical issues, and have seen people discuss the issue at hand instead of teaching each other how to live. I'm not responsible for every pseudo saint with a small dick around here.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That actually works? I've always wondered. Any advice?

If you can get the angle right. Most people, however, don't understand neither the methods you use, nor the one this guy just described.
I've had people at night driving dark colored cars without any lights on, and I've tried to signal them to turn their lights on, and it doesn't work. So I highly doubt people realize their lights are misaligned or their high beams are on.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
HID vs LED MK7 2015-17 GTI & MK7.5 2018+ GTI

Is there a big difference in illumination distance between the two?

Also, do the HIDs really produce no substantial glare without having to dip the reflectors down and lose illumination distance?

How difficult is the HID install? What do the bulbs connect to?

Thanks.

Thanks for your interest. Many need to understand that anyone here can go on ebay/amazon and buy a kit not tested or designed for the reflector housing and blind the heck out of everyone and yes pay less money for that kit and those people won't care enough to post here or ask for an alternative (out of sight out of mind we guess). But obviously people here are shopping with us and expecting a bulb that is higher quality and will not blind others while providing them more visibility which our kit has proven to deliver from a lot of honest real feedback. If you didn't see this then of course there would be negative feedback which you do not see.

When people install all of our LEDs (High/low/turns) in their reflector they are going to be gaining a lot more light and the same or some say even more visibility than OEM Xenon/Projector housings as our High Beams are brighter than the OEM D3S.

Quick summary: Our LED are easier to install as it is an all-in-one kit with a built in adapter and no wiring but it is not as bright as our HID but much brighter than halogens.

This video shows the HID and this is true unsolicited feedback from a customer that paid full price for this kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXA2TOPhrmY

2 videos below are real driving with our LEDs low and high beam - you can see no one is flashing him - you can see the very clean cut-off of the low beam LED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzYLwk0ZAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOcBVtAVoU

Those videos are for the GSW but they are using the same designed bulbs and this is what we seen in the GTI also.

Listing break down as it can get confusing as we know many are here for the MK7.5 2018+ Model also and it does vary between MK7 & MK7.5:

The MK7 2015-17 HID H7RC Low Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk7-gt...kit-full-set-including-adapters-and-resistors

The MK7 2015-17 LED Low Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/new-le...olf-gof-sportwagen-alltrack-jsw-tiguan-passat

The MK7 2015-17 LED HIGH Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/h15-da...00-plug-play-fits-many-volkswagen-audi-models

Front turns:
http://deautokey.com/product/pwy24w-front-turn-signals-error-free-fits-mk7-vii-volkswagen-gti-golf

--

The MK7.5 2018 HID H7RC Low Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/slim-d...lectors-fits-2018-mk7-5-gti-golf-gsw-alltrack

The MK7.5 2018 LED Low Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/h7-led...or-headlights-fits-volkswagen-tiguan-cc-jetta

The MK7.5 2018 LED HIGH Beam kit:
http://deautokey.com/product/h15-da...00-plug-play-fits-many-volkswagen-audi-models

Front turns *SOME 2018 have 7440*:
http://deautokey.com/product/pwy24w-front-turn-signals-error-free-fits-mk7-vii-volkswagen-gti-golf

---

And aiming even OEM bulbs is suggested and many ask about it - here is a recent thread about it:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29978

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
"because we are constantly fixing your fuck ups." as of lately, I've been the one fixing other engineers' fuck ups.

You don't work in the automotive industry do you? The amount of times I've replaced a part with a factory "upgraded" part, only to have it fail in the same way is far to high. Couldn't take a joke though huh?

I spend time aligning the lights so as to get a good illumination distance for myself and eliminate glare for oncoming traffic.

Even if you think they are adjusted properly, have you ever been an oncoming driver against your lights?

I
I've had people at night driving dark colored cars without any lights on, and I've tried to signal them to turn their lights on, and it doesn't work. So I highly doubt people realize their lights are misaligned or their high beams are on.

People are fucking idiots, what else is new? I never said that they did it on purpose.

2 videos below are real driving with our LEDs low and high beam - you can see no one is flashing him - you can see the very clean cut-off of the low beam LED:

So your reasoning is that every driver flashes someone with high beams or misaligned lights? That is not my experience in almost 250k miles on the road. As already stated, most people don't know they are blinding people, even though they are and most other drivers are too passive to do anything about it. I hate on aftermarket solutions, because I decided to spend the money upfront for far superior lighting than any aftermarket kit. You guys aren't bad, just try hard's and always talk about customer reviews when, for all we know, it was written by your own people. That is how online retails work anyway. Same goes for youtube videos (video sponsors and advertising and so on).

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
So your reasoning is that every driver flashes someone with high beams or misaligned lights? That is not my experience in almost 250k miles on the road. As already stated, most people don't know they are blinding people, even though they are.

The person that made the video had our lighting installed for a month prior and 2 months total with many miles of driving and was never flashed. That is his real honest feedback and really has no other reason to say it other than it is the truth.

Here is more real feedback of people that actually care NOT to blind others and why they chose our kit and even family members that said DON'T DO it changed their minds after driving in the car and even on the other side of the road without being blinded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RryPd0DgKfQ

And another happy customer comparing it to projectors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYDXb3D6v8

You guys aren't bad, just try hard's and always talk about customer reviews when for all we know it was written by your own people. That is how online retails work anyway.

Our apologies. We read your post wrong and see you wrote "for all we know it was written by your own people." But we will tell you now that is not true. These videos are not done by anyone that works for us. We simply let our customers and REAL feedback that is honest do the talking for us.

We understand what you mean because there are endless youtube videos sharing terrible LEDs because they want to share their affiliate link through amazon and gain a % of the sale and we know many fall victim of this and contact us with similar emails starting with "I tried this LED and had [insert endless issues we have heard]. Does your LED do this?"

We only use real feedback because of common sense - people are buying this expecting to see what we are showing and if they are not it is going to end badly for us with negative feedback and bad reviews.

At the end we are here because believe in our product and know what we offer. At the end we are a moral, honest and actually a modest company but many know this already.

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
We actually read it wrong and saw you said "for all we know it was written by your own people". But honestly it is the same reply allowing us to explain how it is not done by our own people:

Oh I totally understand that. I just don't like people reading into or not understanding what I type. I type what I mean and I mean what I type. I'll go back and edit my some of my posts (so feel free to edit likewise, rather have this be informative in the end instead of another thread which shows how bull headed I am). Like I said I don't hate you guys and have nothing against you. I just don't like being misunderstood. It's great you guys are legit, but even the most legit company deserves to be questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.