GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

de-active the electronic parking brake

peteryspang

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, understand that, for the golf mk7 with electronic parking brake. we need to de-active it before remove the caliper. Do we still need to keep connected the battery with battery charger as well at the same time ?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hi, understand that, for the golf mk7 with electronic parking brake. we need to de-active it before remove the caliper. Do we still need to keep connected the battery with battery charger as well at the same time ?

It's not perfectly clear but it seems to say you leave the battery charger connected until you're done? Does it say reconnect it, or, is it still connected? I would email Ross-tech for clarification of their warning box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFZJj39FZ3s

peteryspang

Passed Driver's Ed
I did read VCDS Ross-tech information, they mentioned, before de-active the parking brake.
"Connect a battery charger as per repair manual."

Since the battery still connected in car, Does it means, I need to install the battery charger even I didn't remove the battery from car.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
After putting the parking brake into service mode, I normally unplug VCDS and turn the car off. Then I'll do the work, turn the car back on and use VCDS to re-initialize the parking brake.

They want you to put a battery charger on because they are expecting you to keep VCDS plugged in and the car on while you work, I guess.