GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC damping rate question

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I've searched, but haven't found this addressed anywhere. Does anyone know if the stock VW DCC system adjusts both compression and rebound damping rates, or just rebound?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
In another post (in the suspension mega-thread, IIRC) someone mentioned that the Bilstein Damptronic units only adjust rebound damping, but that the VW DCC units (from Monroe probably?) adjust both rebound and compression damping.

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
In another post (in the suspension mega-thread, IIRC) someone mentioned that the Bilstein Damptronic units only adjust rebound damping, but that the VW DCC units (from Monroe probably?) adjust both rebound and compression damping.
Interesting. The OEM units on my MK7.5 GTI are definitely Monroe. I will upgrade to Bilstein when these ones go, and I have been thinking about the B4 DampTronics. Apparently, B6s are 20% stiffer than stock (according to Bilstein’s website) and I am not sure that I want the car any stiffer on H&R OE Sport springs. I like the ride.

Anyone out there with OE Sports mated to Bilstein DampTronics that can comment?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Is that the case with all the bilsteins? Including the dcc bilstein coil overs?

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Last edited:

RabbitTwo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I have no idea. I'll try to find & link the comment, but it was specific to replacing the DCC dampers with something aftermarket.

EDIT: Here it is. The post was actually referring to B16 coilovers, so I don't know if my comment is accurate regarding Damptronic B4/B6/ struts/shocks or not.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...-b16-damptronic-coilovers.380231/post-7607736
Great find! @GenX Retread

This also helps answer the original question in the thread from @efaily

DCC does, in fact, control both compression & rebound. 👌🏼

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Thanks for the link, that's great information. I'd like to learn more about the DSC Sport controller.