GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash lit up like a Christmas tree, all errors under the sun. Turned off car, now it won't start. Turns on, but immediately turns off. Immobilizer?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Have you tried a multimeter/swapping batteries yet? I only ask because I wouldn't take what the car's screen said was voltage as hard fact.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Have you tried a multimeter/swapping batteries yet? I only ask because I wouldn't take what the car's screen said was voltage as hard fact.

Actually heading back over to his place to try that now. Didn't have time to try it earlier.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Here's a video.

It unknowingly got cut short. There were still a few errors it cycled through. That was with my battery in the car.

If you notice the center console, it says "Please turn on the ignition", even though it is on and the car turns over. OBD11 says the same thing if you try connecting, it says to turn on the ignition. The OBD port is getting power, because the OBD11 and Accesport turn on, they just say they can't connect due to the ignition being on.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
love the avatar sync fliptrocity & arcadia lol

best of luck... only thing i can relate to is a similar situation where my ECU shorted out (poor ground to block), needed a new ECU. Different platform though (GM)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Weird... all the "other" systems will fail with low battery voltage. Somewhere from 9-10V you'll start getting failures. But since you put your battery in that should be ruled out. An immo problem shouldn't generate all those errors, but should give you an Immobilizer Active message (or something like that).

I wonder if the alternator took a crap. I would think the car might start then shut right off due to the battery voltage drop. Push-button start?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Weird... all the "other" systems will fail with low battery voltage. Somewhere from 9-10V you'll start getting failures. But since you put your battery in that should be ruled out. An immo problem shouldn't generate all those errors, but should give you an Immobilizer Active message (or something like that).

I wonder if the alternator took a crap. I would think the car might start then shut right off due to the battery voltage drop. Push-button start?

Yep, an Autobahn with kessy. Alternator popped into our heads, but it has the same error and connection issues even if you just turn on the ignition without turning over the car to start it. At that point, the alternator shouldn't even matter, correct?

My current thought is something in the ignition system somehow, since even though it "starts", it's not recognizing that the ignition is on.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
love the avatar sync fliptrocity & arcadia lol

best of luck... only thing i can relate to is a similar situation where my ECU shorted out (poor ground to block), needed a new ECU. Different platform though (GM)

Want to buy it and add it to the collection? 🤣

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yep, an Autobahn with kessy. Alternator popped into our heads, but it has the same error and connection issues even if you just turn on the ignition without turning over the car to start it. At that point, the alternator shouldn't even matter, correct?

My current thought is something in the ignition system somehow, since even though it "starts", it's not recognizing that the ignition is on.
Gotcha... how do you turn ignition on without starting the car? This is just a curiosity question about how KESSY works, not really about the issue at hand.

But I would have to agree with your suspicion, maybe something dying in J764 - Electronic Steering Column Lock Control Module

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
This is for an older beetle, but it seems kinda similar. You might be right about it being an immobilizer issue.