GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DAP 7.5 Euro LED lights - brake light failure - B133315

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Hi,

It was brought to my attention last night by a couple of mates that my left brake light is no longer functioning on my ShopDAP Euro Mk7.5 LED tail lights.
They did previously work, and everything else *seems* to be working properly.

I checked the wiring for both outer tails (left/right), verified the OBDEleven coding with the app multiple times, and have tried unplugging/running with DRLs off etc, to no avail.
I am repeatedly getting a B133315 Fault Code "Rear Brake Light/Turn signal" fault, and it mentions short/open circuit on B+ if that's any help.

What is my next step to get this resolved? Is it possibly a faulty unit?

If anyone has a wiring diagram for the rear tails, I am armed with a multimeter and I know how to use it. Can check to see if there's voltage through the specific wire when someone stomps on the brake pedal for me?

Any information would be excellent.

Cheers all!
Richard

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Sounds like there are two issues:
1. Coding
2. Broken connection

1. Set "Leuchte20BR LA71-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 20" to "0". That should fix your B133315 Fault Code
2. Un-plug both outer light plugs. Continuity check Pin5 right to Pin5 left. If there's no connection follow the wiring from outer-right Pin5 to the left side.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like there are two issues:
1. Coding
2. Broken connection

1. Set "Leuchte20BR LA71-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 20" to "0". That should fix your B133315 Fault Code
2. Un-plug both outer light plugs. Continuity check Pin5 right to Pin5 left. If there's no connection follow the wiring from outer-right Pin5 to the left side.
Thanks!
I made the coding change yesterday which took care of the fault code.

For the continuity test - how do I remove the wires from the connector to ensure there’s continuity? I would rather do that and then refit them to ensure I’m getting an accurate test.

And is this the connector/pin diagram you’re referring to (attached)?

Thanks for the response! Very much appreciated :)

Attachments

• 21AC67A2-D20D-40CD-AC96-E9A37523D734.jpeg
    21AC67A2-D20D-40CD-AC96-E9A37523D734.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 103

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I recommend to keep the wires in, instead push a needle in from the other side. Wasn’t there a 2-pin connector to install when you ran the wires? I guess one wire got unseated there...

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
And yes that’s the pin-layout

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I read your reply, clicked on the link in your signature, and then had an "a-ha!" moment when I saw the connector running through the hatch from passenger-outer to driver-outer.
I had a right pain installing that too so I bet it's come loose/got unseated somehow.

Counting down the minutes until I have enough of a break from work so I can run down and pop that trim piece off!

Thanks for all the help so far! 😁

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
The connector in the hatch (which I remember being awful to install) would NOT lock no matter how much I tried to get it to.
So I gave up and trimmed the ends of both sets of wires and connected them manually.

Three brake lights again!

Thanks!

Doyster

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R
Before I make a new thread, I was hoping to post here in hope of some help. I am getting the same error, but a different code. I’ve tried some of the previous coding fixes (but not this one yet as I am away from the car) with no luck. Posting the screenshot below. I currently have VLAND tail lights while I decide on whether or not I want to purchase real ones.

Attachments

• 103AABB0-41A6-4314-BCC4-2E3902002408.png
    103AABB0-41A6-4314-BCC4-2E3902002408.png
    2 MB · Views: 75

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Before I make a new thread, I was hoping to post here in hope of some help. I am getting the same error, but a different code. I’ve tried some of the previous coding fixes (but not this one yet as I am away from the car) with no luck. Posting the screenshot below. I currently have VLAND tail lights while I decide on whether or not I want to purchase real ones.
What symptoms are you seeing? A light not working?

Doyster

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R
What symptoms are you seeing? A light not working?
Everything seems to be working properly. However whenever the headlights are on I will randomly get his tail light code. Sometimes it won’t come on for two days or so, and the next day will be on every single day. Leafs me to think its a coding issue if all the lights still work whilst the code is active

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Everything seems to be working properly. However whenever the headlights are on I will randomly get his tail light code. Sometimes it won’t come on for two days or so, and the next day will be on every single day. Leafs me to think its a coding issue if all the lights still work whilst the code is active

More than likely a coding issue. With LED tails, you need to change some coding parameters for it to not complain (like the fault code you have above)
From ZERO815's post earlier: "1. Set "Leuchte20BR LA71-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 20" to "0". That should fix your B133315 Fault Code"

There's three or four sections in that ECM that control each of the lights. You'll need to set those bytes to 0 to stop the fault codes coming up.

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Will the 20BR fix work for all? Or are there more Leutche sections that i have to change
Leuchte Left Outer Tail (20BR LA71)
Leuchte Right Outer Tail (21BR RC8)
Leuchte Left Inner Tail (23SL HLC10)
Leuchte Right Inner Tail (24SL HRA65)

They should all have a similar value in there which you can set to 0 (if they are full LEDs, of course!).
Hope this helps!