GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Intercooler vs Forged Motorsports Twintercooler

Black_Mk7.5

Hello,
Just wanted to get some input on which intercooler to go with. First off, I want a front mount purely for looks. I was set on getting the CTS front mount until I came across the Forged Motorsports twintercooler. Should the CTS IC be more than sufficient for your basic OTS stage 1 & 2 tunes? Or should I look more into the twintercooler because of better cooling since it also utilizes stock IC?Just wondering since the CTS IC doesn't utilize the stock IC like the Forged. Plus the CTS IC is about $250 cheaper but I want to do it right.
Thanks!

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hello,
Just wanted to get some input on which intercooler to go with. First off, I want a front mount purely for looks. I was set on getting the CTS front mount until I came across the Forged Motorsports twintercooler. Should the CTS IC be more than sufficient for your basic OTS stage 1 & 2 tunes? Or should I look more into the twintercooler because of better cooling since it also utilizes stock IC?Just wondering since the CTS IC doesn't utilize the stock IC like the Forged. Plus the CTS IC is about $250 cheaper but I want to do it right.
Thanks!
Just get one of the ebay front mounts and save yourself $100s. There are hundreds of pages on them on here, and they all work well, for a fmic. If you don’t care about performance and just want an IC for looks, spend the least amount of money.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just curious why looks are more important than performance?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Just sit in a Focus RS. You'll feel better. Read about their appetite for head gaskets and cv joints too. The Honda has few faults aside from size and a huge case of the fuglies.
Showed my wife a CTR when they came out and told her that’s what I would have bought if they were out when I got my GTI, and she said she couldn’t be married to the 14 year old boy that would buy/drive that car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Showed my wife a CTR when they came out and told her that’s what I would have bought if they were out when I got my GTI, and she said she couldn’t be married to the 14 year old boy that would buy/drive that car.
If they'd offer one without the wing and red accents I'd likely buy one, but they're just too much as is.