GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
More like MPI and HPFP upgrade on a daily driver "because it keeps the valves clean"
Aaaaaaaaaaalmost got me with that one -- I'm not touching the HPFP, LPFP all day though lol

but that's a ways away at the moment, I committed to a real vacation with Mrs. Nine for the first time in several years so we've gotta save up.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I had EP3 style wheels on my Fit.

IMG_3635.jpeg

Sold them to another Fit guy.

IMG_4585.jpeg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Which outline was the early 2k's Civic? I'm guessing that's the minivan outline woodski missed
View attachment 300328

I came very close to buying one of those EP3 minivans in I'd guess 2005. Trouble was it was too darned slow. Took a 300 mile back road test drive in a friends MINI Cooper S. Ordered one the next day, fast and nimble as all get out. As much fun as a guy could have with his pants on. Miss that car too.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I came very close to buying one of those EP3 minivans in I'd guess 2005. Trouble was it was too darned slow. Took a 300 mile back road test drive in a friends MINI Cooper S. Ordered one the next day, fast and nimble as all get out. As much fun as a guy could have with his pants on. Miss that car too.

which is funny bc the R53 made 40hp less than the Civic.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 300330

who mentioned OSIR, was that in here?

anyone buying these, I've got a carbon fiber bridge to sell you that would go great with them
Acadia will be glad to hear, my mk8 came with folding mirrors and puddle lights. The puddle lights make a round light with the honeycomb pattern.

The puddle lights are so stupid.

I appreciate the parking sensors and ACC.

Equally dumb as the puddle lights, it is keyless start, but not keyless for doors.

I wonder how hard that would be to retrofit?

And I'll never make fun of Acadia again for Zhong Zhong digital dashes. I'm loving having a digital dash. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
brutal reply lmao
1709585022333.png

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
which is funny bc the R53 made 40hp less than the Civic.

I thought the EP3 was slow. Have you drive each one? I think over in Yourope it was 200HP. My memory says it wasn't that many here in the colonies. Maybe they used smaller horses. The MINI was something like 168 or so. Maybe the supercharger made it feel faster, low end torque that the Honda didn't have. It's been a few years so it's hard to remember. Adding an underdrive supercharger pulley really woke the MINI up.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Aaaaaaaaaaalmost got me with that one -- I'm not touching the HPFP, LPFP all day though lol

but that's a ways away at the moment, I committed to a real vacation with Mrs. Nine for the first time in several years so we've gotta save up.

The inclusion of HPFP came from the edit :( I had it right the first time apparently.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
I thought the EP3 was slow. Have you drive each one? I think over in Yourope it was 200HP. My memory says it wasn't that many here in the colonies. Maybe they used smaller horses. The MINI was something like 168 or so. Maybe the supercharger made it feel faster, low end torque that the Honda didn't have. It's been a few years so it's hard to remember. Adding an underdrive supercharger pulley really woke the MINI up.
oh right, in usa si spec it was 160hp whoooooops

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I learned today that Cobb will update my AP to work with the mk8 for $150. $175 for a new EQT tune.

How could I not.

Stg 1 low torque or high torque? I used high torque tune in my mk7 with very light issues over 34,000 miles. Glazed it twice, once mechanic did it, second time I did it on course with aggressive 1 - 2 shift. Both times it came back after a few days of driving normal.

Mk8 has the mk7 R clutch, but the mk8 GTI puts it more torque tunes than mk7.

Daks, Jay, bros, what's the call?

Also, I'm going to run the stock tune for autocross and only use stg 1 on the street. I never had issues in the street, because I never go WOT in 5th and 6th and don't shift hard on the street.