GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Warranty shmarranty

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No APR Plus for the warranty on your brand new car? My 2 cents: I’m not confident in how reliable these power levels are. Still pretty new stuff 🤷‍♂️

FAFO
Stage 1 on E888 is pretty low risk. I'll get through the break in, then full send.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
I’m glad you got to enjoy yesterday. The weather suuuuuucked.
We left for lunch during the rain, it was timed to perfection.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Aaaaaaaaaaalmost got me with that one -- I'm not touching the HPFP, LPFP all day though lol

but that's a ways away at the moment, I committed to a real vacation with Mrs. Nine for the first time in several years so we've gotta save up.
Bro the HPFP takes two seconds.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
I DIY tuned my mk7. I ain’t scared of it. But the mk8 turbo is new and we don’t really know yet how it holds up to being pushed 🤷‍♂️. Just saying.
I can connect you with my friends that are on tuned mk8s. Three gtis, and one R. They rip... no issues... just the clutches that are at risk.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I can connect you with my friends that are on tuned mk8s. Three gtis, and one R. They rip... no issues... just the clutches that are at risk.
Oh I’m sure they rip. How long will the turbos hold up? I’m curious about people who have been tuned for many miles. I haven’t heard of any turbos popping yet so that’s a good sign.

But for example the is20 can be pushed more beyond stock than the is38. And early is20’s had issues.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Oh I’m sure they rip. How long will the turbos hold up? I’m curious about people who have been tuned for many miles. I haven’t heard of any turbos popping yet so that’s a good sign.
The way I see it, by the time they pop (if they pop), you'll have the cash and the desire for a nice upgrade.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

But for example the is20 can be pushed more beyond stock than the is38. And early is20’s had issues.
I still contend the Conti in the R has more headroom. Feels like the mk8 GTI has some form of the PMax Garrett