GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I learned today that Cobb will update my AP to work with the mk8 for $150. $175 for a new EQT tune.

How could I not.

Stg 1 low torque or high torque? I used high torque tune in my mk7 with very light issues over 34,000 miles. Glazed it twice, once mechanic did it, second time I did it on course with aggressive 1 - 2 shift. Both times it came back after a few days of driving normal.

Mk8 has the mk7 R clutch, but the mk8 GTI puts it more torque tunes than mk7.

Daks, Jay, bros, what's the call?

Also, I'm going to run the stock tune for autocross and only use stg 1 on the street. I never had issues in the street, because I never go WOT in 5th and 6th and don't shift hard on the street.
Crank it up hoss

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
personally i would crank it up. idk if its like the 7 though where low torque generally gets more upper end.

total win though on the cobb ap

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
bro the mk8 makes hero #'s on stg 1 files thats awesome!

1709587089396.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I learned today that Cobb will update my AP to work with the mk8 for $150. $175 for a new EQT tune.

How could I not.

Stg 1 low torque or high torque? I used high torque tune in my mk7 with very light issues over 34,000 miles. Glazed it twice, once mechanic did it, second time I did it on course with aggressive 1 - 2 shift. Both times it came back after a few days of driving normal.

Mk8 has the mk7 R clutch, but the mk8 GTI puts it more torque tunes than mk7.

Daks, Jay, bros, what's the call?

Also, I'm going to run the stock tune for autocross and only use stg 1 on the street. I never had issues in the street, because I never go WOT in 5th and 6th and don't shift hard on the street.

YOLO

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i remember getting my first mk7 and blowing some mk6 guys minds by saying it can make ~300hp/360 tq on a stage 1 tune and hearing how much they had to do to make that.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
"I sank $100k into that MK6!!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: