GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I don't think this means what people think it means. It does not sound like it prevents a TD1. I just think APR has worded this in a way that makes it sound like that, but Arin hasn't confirmed it yet (maybe he did, it's hard to keep up with the 12 threads). Here's a link to the one that seems to have the most traction.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ash-tuning-is-here.442446/page-2#post-8038827
Yeah, I don't think you can avoid TD1 with their options.

AccessPort isn't the worst tuning platform I've ever seen (Alientech can suck it), but Open Source gives maximum control. I have opinions about IE, Uni, etc on mk7s BUT I'm really not smart enough for my opinion to be valid. So take this with a train of salt, but I'm pleased enough with how my EQT tune has been and the resale option isn't bad either.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
If you're willing to tinker a bit more, Open Source is 10000000% the move.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Option 1: APR ECU/TCU Tune - 450 + 450 + 125 (Ultralink) = 1025 (1125 not on sale)
If reselling, the most you'd get back is cost of Ultralink, so overall cost is close to 900 bucks

Option 2: Used Accessport + New ECU/TCU Tune - 700 (for a DSG enabled one) + 175 (ECU) + 175 (TCU) = 1050
If reselling, you could probably get 500 or so back pretty easily. Meaning your cost is closer to 550.

You could easily get option #2 for $900 or less if wait for a deal on an Accessport to pop up. I see DSG ones for ~$500-$600 fairly frequently. Shid, it's for an R, but I just grabbed that one for $400. Which admittedly, was a hell of a rare deal.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Why not an AP? Can snag a used GTI one for cheap and all u gotta get is the tune. And if you ever decide you want to change, you can resell.

Seems like w/APR, all the cost is the tune, so you can't recoup
Woodski has 1.8T - would need to pay transfer fee to Cobb to register it as such. They aren’t interchangeable 1.8T IS12/2.0 IS20/2.0 IS38

Also - APR has OTS 1.8T IS38.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Interesting. I thought it was a separate one for the 1.8T as well.

I told him as a temporary measure, if the Cobb downpipe ends up working out CEL free and I go stage 2, he can have my JB4. Since people struggle to resell them for even $100 in the classifieds lol.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
I 100% know subjecting prisoners to more crime and violence is not the answer to crime.

I'm not saying it should be a day spa, but they should be safe while in custody and receive counseling at a minimum.

It's impossible to do this because we choose to overfill prisons for minor, nonviolent offenses, because we've privatized state prisons and guaranteed the CEO's of a minimum occupancy in the contracts. We literally have prison quotas. Multiple judges have been prosecuted for getting kickbacks to send kids to jail for minor offenses.

I'm all for capitalism when it comes to cars, tv's, phones, gizmos and gadgets, but our health care, military, judicial and penal system, probation, etc... should 100% not be run for profit. It's a complete conflict of interests.
Based

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Does apr not off program switching anymore? I can change between 91,93, stock non test pipe, and 100 all through my stalk.

Mk6 FTW?
correct emkaysix for the win

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
what does a 'tuned' mk8 make? isn't it like 400+ wtq?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 K04 GTI
Open source would be my way of doing it had I known about it before I got the AP.

SimosTools is a great way to log (
)
Some guy already tuned his sportwagen open source style (
)

If you want more resources on how to tune opensource, I can reach out to a friend with a really fast GTI that opensource tunes and uses simostools to log. He has a damn good tooner that I wish would work on mk6s.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i thought based was a way of claiming that someones opinion is biased or, like, just their opinion man