GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1644678824358.png

1644679135230.png

I need to stop fucking around in @jimlloyd40’s sUpEr sEcUrE VpN. Starting to pick up his meta on my phone now. 🤣

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I’ve got some acquaintances we camp with who are vegans. Every time I’m cooking at camp, without fail, they show up asking to use my stove and cookery for their faux meat stuff.

When they are done cooking, I notice an insane amount of oil and residue on everything they cook with. Is this a normal thing?
Yes. They're incredibly high in salt and saturated fats too.
That’s what I noticed. Looking over the ingredients list for both impossible and beyond, that’s a lot of stuff to approximate the texture and flavor of something you don’t want to eat.

I’ll take a veggie burger from the likes of Morningstar farms and the like, or some of the other ones in that vein. Not because I’m trying to replace meat, but rather because their unique flavors and texture stand on their own.
So the thing to remember is that Beyond and Impossible aren't targeted at vegetarians, they're targeted at meat eaters who might be concerned about animal welfare or greenhouse gasses. If you have a meat craving, they sort of meet the need.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Black 2013 gti
I eat salads without dressing 100% of the time. I too get criticism for it and people ask if I'm trying to diet. No, I just don't like soggy foul tasting salad.
Veggies/salad=diet always bothers me. It's always served in smaller portions too! Like I want an enormous salad or a huge veggie tray!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thread title hasn't been changed in like 3 days. Calling for a boycott of @jay745 and @uglybastard. CSB3 anyone?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Some of my neighbors feed the birds.

I would kill them (the neighbors, there's too many birds) but that would probably be frowned upon.

Same assholes also put fruit out for the deer and whoever else wanders through. It's fucking ridiculous. They left 3 whole oranges outside for the animals like squirrels or deer need vitamin C boosters.

Never buy a condo.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Some of my neighbors feed the birds.

I would kill them (the neighbors, there's too many birds) but that would probably be frowned upon.

Same assholes also put fruit out for the deer and whoever else wanders through. It's fucking ridiculous. They left 3 whole oranges outside for the animals like squirrels or deer need vitamin C boosters.

Never buy a condo.
Call the game warden

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Call the game warden
The deer aren't really a problem except that it's actually sort of sick to encourage them to seek food where I live. It's dense residential with several highways within just miles.

It's the feeding of a flock of 100 blackbirds that annihilated any car parked under the trees that really grinds my gears :mad:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
The deer aren't really a problem except that it's actually sort of sick to encourage them to seek food where I live. It's dense residential with several highways within just miles.

It's the feeding of a flock of 100 blackbirds that annihilated any car parked under the trees that really grinds my gears :mad:
I would call the deer police, they’re not supposed to be feeding/baiting wild animals. That way you don’t have to murder them.

I was watching one of those shows and a lady legit thought she needed to feed the bears that kept coming back to her property.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I eat salads without dressing 100% of the time. I too get criticism for it and people ask if I'm trying to diet. No, I just don't like soggy foul tasting salad.
Conversely I like mine coated but not drenched in dressing. Eat it quick enough before its soggy.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Yes. They're incredibly high in salt and saturated fats too.

So the thing to remember is that Beyond and Impossible aren't targeted at vegetarians, they're targeted at meat eaters who might be concerned about animal welfare or greenhouse gasses. If you have a meat craving, they sort of meat the need.
Ftfy

Status
Not open for further replies.