• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I always had a hard time eating eggs(plain) so I'm not shocked. I don't think I really thought about all of the underlying things that could have eggs in it.

Maybe not with your egg sensitivity, but I've noticed I'm sensitive to milk/cream but only if it hasn't been cooked. It's not lactose intolerance, it's a whey sensitivity. So I can eat almost any cheese, since the main protein there tends to be casein. Greek yogurt is fine as well, somehow. I'm totally fine with baked goods or dishes when they call for some milk or cream, but milk shakes, ice cream and whey protein bars will get me; it's like a mild anaphylaxis -- tongue gets itchy and I know to stop. Luckily, it's not serious.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Maybe not with your egg sensitivity, but I've noticed I'm sensitive to milk/cream but only if it hasn't been cooked. It's not lactose intolerance, it's a whey sensitivity. So I can eat almost any cheese, since the main protein there tends to be casein. Greek yogurt is fine as well, somehow. I'm totally fine with baked goods or dishes when they call for some milk or cream, but milk shakes, ice cream and whey protein bars will get me; it's like a mild anaphylaxis -- tongue gets itchy and I know to stop. Luckily, it's not serious.
I remember way back in the day I used a protein powder and it made me puke. I don't remember what type it was tho. I'm trying to stay off the cheese or minimize consumption. I mainly took the test to see if I could draw any correlation between certain foods and how it made me feel. I don't plan on totally eliminating certain things or going on some insane diet plan.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I got a voicemail this morning from a fraud department saying my debit card was on hold. They knew my name, where I bank, and the type of debit card I use. Obviously I wasn't going to call them back to figure this out, and I called my bank instead. My bank says that their fraud department did reach out to me, and I got those texts and approved the charges, but they said there's no hold on my account and that the number that had called me is not their fraud department.

There was a banks name attached to the caller id, but it wasn't my bank or any bank I've even heard of. If you google the phone number Falcon Fraud Monitoring shows up as the company that owns that number, and not a specific bank. Now it seems some banks actually use falcon as an outsource, but as my bank said it's not one they use.

It just looks like a really good phishing attempt and they spoofed the number. The timing of it is pretty fishy too, and I've never had one of these where they knew that much about me.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I got a voicemail this morning from a fraud department saying my debit card was on hold. They knew my name, where I bank, and the type of debit card I use. Obviously I wasn't going to call them back to figure this out, and I called my bank instead. My bank says that their fraud department did reach out to me, and I got those texts and approved the charges, but they said there's no hold on my account and that the number that had called me is not their fraud department.

There was a banks name attached to the caller id, but it wasn't my bank or any bank I've even heard of. If you google the phone number Falcon Fraud Monitoring shows up as the company that owns that number, and not a specific bank. Now it seems some banks actually use falcon as an outsource, but as my bank said it's not one they use.

It just looks like a really good phishing attempt and they spoofed the number. The timing of it is pretty fishy too, and I've never had one of these where they knew that much about me.
Yikes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I guess this is the new chichat

I have been keeping my eyes out for parts including downpipes, catbacks and wheel sets forever, and seems they are almost invariably from either california or new york. what the fuck gives?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

sketchy, i hate that kind of shit and it's getting really good

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Somebody got into one of my accounts a few years ago. I still have a screen shot of when they tried to change my address to a place in FL. Maybe I should pull a Corprin and send them a special gift in the mail

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Somebody got into one of my accounts a few years ago. I still have a screen shot of when they tried to change my address to a place in FL. Maybe I should pull a Corprin and send them a special gift in the mail
That's a high IQ thief.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Do it. Every week for a month.

I was selling something on the face page marketplace and some scammer wanted me to ship to some random address and sent a fake paypal payment email. I should have kept that address.

My debit card once got cloned and used for about 400 in charges in France. Luckily my bank is good about that stuff.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Meanwhile I'm still getting the calls warning me that the local cops are gonna get me if I don't pay the IRS a few Amazon gift cards in back taxes.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
My debit card once got cloned and used for about 400 in charges in France. Luckily my bank is good about that stuff.

That's a shitload of cheese.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I guess this is the new chichat

I have been keeping my eyes out for parts including downpipes, catbacks and wheel sets forever, and seems they are almost invariably from either california or new york. what the fuck gives?
Like half of our country lives there? Also, I think both states have strict inspections, but long exemptions for new cars, so people mod their car, then pull it off and open a "part out" thread when it's time to sell or reinspect 5 years later.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Meanwhile I'm still getting the calls warning me that the local cops are gonna get me if I don't pay the IRS a few Amazon gift cards in back taxes.
One of our salesmen got an email from his boss/my dad on his day off. It told him he wanted to reward some of the employees, so it asked him to go and purchase a bunch of visa gift cards. It was something like $1500-2000 in gift cards they asked for and he actually goes to walmart and buys a bunch of $100 gift cards. After he buys them he texts my dad something like, ok I bought all the gift cards, where can I meet you? My dad is just like, wtf are you talking about? They went back and forth a couple times until they realized what was going on. Luckily he contacted my dad directly and they figured that out, otherwise he woulda been out a lot of money. After that the salesman started texting the guy like, "man, what are you doing with your life? Is this really what you want to be doing?" The things he was saying to this guy to get him to question his life was hilarious. The scammer texted back asking if he actually bought the gift cards and then he said "nobodies ever talked to me like this before." I like to believe he lives an honest life now....but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.