GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crooked steering wheel

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
So the same thing happened to my mk6. To drive straight the wheel is off center, it was a bit off when i got the car and slowly got worse but now after 4 months and springs install its even more off. Even with alignments it got better on my mk6 but it never straightened. Whats the best way to fix this? Have the dealer align it? Or take it to my usual shop?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

am215

Ready to race!
have the same issue with my car currently. took it to the dealer 3 times within 2 weeks and they performed 3 alignments to no avail. currently am still driving it as is and am considering going to another shop to have an alignment done as it could be that the dealer's alignment rack wasn't calibrated properly or user error.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
have the same issue with my car currently. took it to the dealer 3 times within 2 weeks and they performed 3 alignments to no avail. currently am still driving it as is and am considering going to another shop to have an alignment done as it could be that the dealer's alignment rack wasn't calibrated properly or user error.
I personally think its because they don't adjust tie rods which is supposedly how you fix the crooked wheel. Its annoying and its the only car (out of 3) in thr family that doesn't have a centered wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

B95zP

Ready to race!
Same here, and looks to be about the same angle. I've a hypothesis it's because they use the VW in the steering wheel to center it. When they should be using the bottom section where the R is.

Just about every time I get an alignment I have to go back so they can redo the steering wheel.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Dealer should be able to align wheel while they do alignment.
Go.
Was it aligned when new.

If not then warranty.
Do you align after springs?
Who did alignment?

It was off a bit when i picked it up new, it got progressively worse with time and then spring install. its going on week 2 after spring install so I need an align.