GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Great Thread !!

Does anyone know or can confirm that the following wheels will clear the calipers without having to use spacers?

Enkei TS9 - 17x8 et45

thanks.

This is only a guess. I have the same calipers using OZ Ultraleggera 17x8 +48 and needed 5mm to clear the calipers. Gave me about 3mm of clearance with 5mm spacers. Given that my wheels have greater offset than yours and being familiar with the general shape of Enkei TS9, I am going to guess you will need spacers. Not sure whether you will need 5mm, 8mm, or 10mm.

BasicGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So, I installed them on Friday night and carried out all the usual steps. I held the brake pedal down during the install which made the whole process mess free. The install was straightforward and so was the bleeding. I started with the left calliper, attached a small pipe to the inside nipple and the outside nipple and the other ends just going into empty bottles. I did the two man bleed, for each front calliper I did inside, outside, inside, outside, inside and made sure no more air is coming out from either. The rears are simple so won't go into any detail. My first impression after the first bleed: I was expecting a mushy pedal feel after reading the thread but to my surprise the pedal felt pretty much the same as my PP brakes if not even a bit better (All I did was RRB the pistons and seals, I didn't even remove the seals and I didn't grease the dust boots). After bedding them in and driving for the day, I went on a country run and I can say for sure these are an upgrade worth doing. Gave me way more control than the PPs ever did which intern gave way more confidence going into corners. I got my car washed on Sunday so while the tyres were wet, I did some ABS stops and then went home and did the 30 PSI Bleed. I can confidently say that the Laser Manual Brake Bleeder 2.0 litre - 4832 can hold 30PSI for anyone in the UK. I filled 1.5 litres of RPF600 and start the bleed in the same order, same process. There were diffidently some small bubbles in all of the callipers and I noticed a lot more RRB got pushed out during the 30 PSI bleed than the 2 man bleed. I Flushed a Litre of new fluid through and was confident all the old fluid had been flushed through so I stopped there. TBH the pedal and the brakes didn't feel any different for me after the 30PSI bleed but would recommend doing as it did get some trapped air out. Also, the HEL lines from Unit 82 Garage were a great fit.

Overall, an awesome upgrade for some who doesn't track their car but does push it hard occasionally. Let me know your thoughts
Brakes 4.jpg
Brakes 5.jpg
Brakes 7.jpg
Brakes 8.jpg
Brakes 9.jpg

Attachments

• Brakes 6.jpg
    Brakes 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,196

daily.tsi

Car(s)
This is only a guess. I have the same calipers using OZ Ultraleggera 17x8 +48 and needed 5mm to clear the calipers. Gave me about 3mm of clearance with 5mm spacers. Given that my wheels have greater offset than yours and being familiar with the general shape of Enkei TS9, I am going to guess you will need spacers. Not sure whether you will need 5mm, 8mm, or 10mm.
Thank you for your feedback, I have 5mm spacers on hand atm, will probably order a 8mm to have a 2nd option when the calipers are ready. What brand of spacers would you recommend? Thanks.

Ideally I prefer not to run a spacer, but if I have to, a 10mm spacer would be my max.

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you for your feedback, I have 5mm spacers on hand atm, will probably order a 8mm to have a 2nd option when the calipers are ready. What brand of spacers would you recommend? Thanks.

Ideally I prefer not to run a spacer, but if I have to, a 10mm spacer would be my max.
Spacers are just metal plates so I don’t think the brand matters as long as they are lightweight. I personally bought H&R in silver because all cheaper ones were black and I didn’t want any black showing but they are really hard to see when installed. I would probably grab cheaper ones from ECS if doing it again.

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, i've followed this thread for a while when it initially started out but dropped the ball and now see there have been some jargon used that i do not remember seeing before.

I've set on my macan set up for about 2 years now and have yet to install it. Could use some additional help on getting this project back on track and finally installing it on my 2016 GTI PP.

I have the following:
Macan Calipers
Front 2 pc rotor 340mm and rear stoptech rotor
EBC red stuff pads front and rear
techna fit lines for front / neuspeed rear line
Brake ducts

How many Motul RBF600 bottle do you recommend to get for this job and for future rebleed after install?
I will be getting my macan dust seals which i saw a link for on the 1st page. Are those still correct size and part number?
What does RRG and would i need to do it?
Where can i get the correct cap and power bleeder?
If doing all 4 lines, do you recommend bleeding each line after install or can all 4 be installed and then bled?
Does the brake pedal need to be pressed down after the caliper and pads are mounted prior to doing lines?

Before people mention, i know EBC red isnt great, but i doubt i'll have time to do any track events this year so maybe just use them in daily situation until next year comes along and also they only ran me 70 for front and rear total so was willing to try them.

really appreciate the help

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ok I am a dummy, I didnt save, or can't find, my original order of my Hawk HPS pads for my Macan swap. Does anyone know the Hawk part number? I need pads soon.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
For those with the 1.8 golf, how is the pedal feel with this setup?

I've had them on my Alltrack for 3 months and they've been great. I did the adaptations with OBD11. Just make sure to bleed ALL the calipers.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Sold my Mk7.5 last February and just found these brake lines in my work bench drawer. These are brand new, never used, direct fitment for the Macan brake caliper swap.

$50 plus shipping/paypal for them.
View attachment 260973

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion