Color match expectations?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Jeep for sale. Fresh paint job.

Only losers use Tapatalk

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Could be worse. I ran into this last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what my rear bumper looked like when I got the car back from the body shop in my dream last night... Hopefully my worries can be put to rest when I get it back tomorrow

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
This is what my rear bumper looked like when I got the car back from the body shop in my dream last night... Hopefully my worries can be put to rest when I get it back tomorrow
Nick's car

Oh it's happening. [emoji23][emoji23]

Only losers use Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Nick's car

Oh it's happening. [emoji23][emoji23]

Only losers use Tapatalk

Honestly.... maybe? If it turns out bad I can use this as an excuse to get that Olive Drab or Nardo Gray wrap I've always wanted

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Back from the body shop yesterday after work. They did a much better overall job the second time around. The unprepared scratches, off-center license plate, off-center exhaust, hatch surface imperfections, and new damage caused to the car during repair #1 appears to have been fixed in a satisfactory manner. Interior stinks like paint a lot more than I recall in previous paint shop experiences, can't help but wonder if they did that as special parting gift.

They removed the front plate, plastic welded the holes and refinished the bumper due to some damage they caused on the side of the bumper, so that new clean-looking nose job and respray makes me pretty happy.

I am still not crazy about about the paint match on the rear bumper to the rear quarter panels. I think I need second opinions from some other sets of eyes in person. I think it's just off. Like too much/dense of a metallic in it or something.

Just glad to have it back.

JB4 install tonight. CSS Muffler tomorrow. 8" MIB II screen next week. Not a bad way to celebrate 3 years with this car later this month.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Awesome! Glad they were able to get your car looking better. Mine came out satisfactory too. Big relief

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
JB4 install tonight. CSS Muffler tomorrow. 8" MIB II screen next week. Not a bad way to celebrate 3 years with this car later this month.

Just hit 3 yrs just last month as well, funny how we both got the 8" screens for the 3yr celebration. Congrats.