GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Air Intake = less power ?

waleed_prvz

Passed Driver's Ed
So I installed a CTS turbo CAI on my 15 GTI last week and since that day my butt dyno has been saying I've lost power is this possible ? The CTS is 3.5 in maybe too wide ? Any ideas would help.

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
I felt a great difference thru out the power band. You'll probably see a greater benefit once tuned.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, possible.

These engines were 'optimized' from factory to work with the specified equipment, both for power, reliability, and efficiency. When you start modifying things, there is the possibility for the mod to hinder performance (even though the goal is or the statement is otherwise). Have you ensured everything is connected properly? I'm assuming no fault codes or leaks given you did not mention such?

waleed_prvz

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, possible.

These engines were 'optimized' from factory to work with the specified equipment, both for power, reliability, and efficiency. When you start modifying things, there is the possibility for the mod to hinder performance (even though the goal is or the statement is otherwise). Have you ensured everything is connected properly? I'm assuming no fault codes or leaks given you did not mention such?
Yes no fault codes or such I do plan on getting a jb1 soon though I also have already have a dp just waiting for the right time to install it. So maybe I'll go back to the OEM airbox untill I get the jb1.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

StopSweatinMe

Ready to race!
Yes no fault codes or such I do plan on getting a jb1 soon though I also have already have a dp just waiting for the right time to install it. So maybe I'll go back to the OEM airbox untill I get the jb1.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Or look into getting a closed element intake like APR, AWE and VWR make. I had an Injen intake that performed poorly unless the temperature was low and I was moving. I sold it for the APR intake and couldn't be happier in respect to performance, but I miss hearing the turbo and diverter valve.

Mk7VW

Banned
Did you drive on the intake for a few days before going on the dyno?