GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

climatronic retrofit?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I get that that's what they intend to do, I just think they do a poor job of it.

My problem is that they all seem to assume your car is the size of an aircraft carrier. Cars are small, the air blows directly onto you in most cases (even when it's not blowing directly onto you, it's pretty close). SO if it's 70 in the car and i want it to be 68, the automatic controls will just blast cold air until the thermostat reads 68. Meanwhile I'm freezing because cold air is blowing directly onto me at max speed. It's easier for me to say "i'm a little warm, i'll turn the thermostat down one click and a pleasant temperature of air will be blowing on me" than "well, I want the car to be x degrees, am I willing to have 100% hot or 100% cold air blown on me while teh car tries to regulate?"

To each their own. I get that some people like to "set it and forget it."
That's not how Climatronic works..

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I regret making my opinion known. You guys do you. I have had more than a dozen cars, many new (including a 2019 Audi that I just got rid of), and I have yet to find a "climatronic" or equivalent system that works well.
Your anecdote of the sudden gush of cold air until the temperature drops is simply not what happens in this vehicle. I don't know what else to say?

TheBobmanNH

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Your anecdote of the sudden gush of cold air until the temperature drops is simply not what happens in this vehicle. I don't know what else to say?
Who said you have to say anything? I "simply" disagree. A "blast" may have been an exaggeration for effect, but I don't find that the automatic systems ever blow "pleasant" temperature air. Maybe I'm overly sensitive. That's why there are options. I was stating an opinion on these systems, not trying to discourage anyone or say your opinion is not valid. I do lots of stupid shit to my cars that people would disagree with :)

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
No I don't have rest working yet, I have bought the air quality sensor, the rain/humidity sensor and the correct fan and am waiting for them to ship. I will install and code and show it here when its done. The one thing I like is the menu control. I didn't realize it had its own infotainment screen to show you where the air is coming from. I am happy with this mod and it was a lot easier than most said it would be. As for the passenger side temp control... just leave sync on.
How did you install the air quality sensor?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
How did you install the air quality sensor?
Power to fuse 34 and
Screenshot_20210625-124205_Samsung Internet.jpg

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
My GTI S is the first BASE Car I have ever purchased and to be honest I kind of like the simplicity of the manual climate controls after having dual zone climate controls on so many cars.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I regret making my opinion known. You guys do you. I have had more than a dozen cars, many new (including a 2019 Audi that I just got rid of), and I have yet to find a "climatronic" or equivalent system that works well.
IMO VWs auto climate controls are not very advanced. Heck my Malibu Premier is hugely better. Much more gradual fan speeds up and down to get to desired temp. Once there, it’s fine.