GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Chicagoland Chat Thread

SuperDuper

Ready to race!
Been a long time since I've been on here. Highly recommend Jay for your service needs. He did my DSG service and brake fluid flush last month.

Does any one know which Facebook page I should be a part of if I'm looking for parts or looking to sell parts?

jay745

track sl00t
Ride
2 vw's
Been a long time since I've been on here. Highly recommend Jay for your service needs. He did my DSG service and brake fluid flush last month.

Does any one know which Facebook page I should be a part of if I'm looking for parts or looking to sell parts?
Thanks for the recommendation. If you're trying to sell local and avoid shipping check the Chicago Volkswagen organization page, and windy city euros for sale page. If you don't mind shipping then the mqb page because it has such a high number of members

SuperDuper

Ready to race!
Thanks for the recommendation. If you're trying to sell local and avoid shipping check the Chicago Volkswagen organization page, and windy city euros for sale page. If you don't mind shipping then the mqb page because it has such a high number of members
Hey Jay.

I'm curious, do you think you guys would be able to install the TCR muffler? I know it involves cutting the OEM one off.

jay745

track sl00t
Ride
2 vw's
Hey Jay.

I'm curious, do you think you guys would be able to install the TCR muffler? I know it involves cutting the OEM one off.
Yeah we could do that, you find a good deal on one? If you're about to drop the $500+ they go for I'd try to hear one first. I think a normal aftermarket catback is a better bang for the buck but that's just me.

SuperDuper

Ready to race!
Yeah we could do that, you find a good deal on one? If you're about to drop the $500+ they go for I'd try to hear one first. I think a normal aftermarket catback is a better bang for the buck but that's just me.
They are new for about $350. There is also a forum member currently selling one.

I used to have an AWE Track Edition exhaust on my '16 GTI, but it was a little droney at lower RPM's. I kind of like the idea of an OEM + option.

jay745

track sl00t
Ride
2 vw's
They are new for about $350. There is also a forum member currently selling one.

I used to have an AWE Track Edition exhaust on my '16 GTI, but it was a little droney at lower RPM's. I kind of like the idea of an OEM + option.
Oh word, I thought I saw them selling for a lot more

Boondock

Ready to race!
Ride
2015 GTI S
Winter sucks, but snow tires are awesome. Starting my search for any local 8-8.5" wide 17"s or 19" wheels near OEM offset for the summetime. If anyone has any leads post em up!

SuperDuper

Ready to race!
Winter sucks, but snow tires are awesome. Starting my search for any local 8-8.5" wide 17"s or 19" wheels near OEM offset for the summetime. If anyone has any leads post em up!
Check out craigslist and facebook marketplace. I saw a couple of VW/Audi wheels on there with winter tires last week.

Ketheptis

Sounds like not using facebook is going to make me miss some deals.

Anyone know a good mechanic and/or exhaust shop in the west burbs?

Last edited:

mithiral67

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all, curbed my Englishman (back right) wheel in a parking garage with some distracted driving pulling up my spothero app. So looking for a replacement Englishman. Only need one, so if anyone is selling less than 4, please shoot me a PM.

West Chicago burbs.

Thanks,
James

jay745

track sl00t
Ride
2 vw's
Hey all, curbed my Englishman (back right) wheel in a parking garage with some distracted driving pulling up my spothero app. So looking for a replacement Englishman. Only need one, so if anyone is selling less than 4, please shoot me a PM.

West Chicago burbs.

Thanks,
James
I know an excellent wheel repair technician that could probably repair it. My entire club uses him, talk to Evan at Wellis Wheel in St Charles. If you reach out tell him Jay sent you.

SuperDuper

Ready to race!
I know an excellent wheel repair technician that could probably repair it. My entire club uses him, talk to Evan at Wellis Wheel in St Charles. If you reach out tell him Jay sent you.

Can also vouch for these guys. They came out to where I was working at the time and fixed my OEM Austin wheel right there in the parking lot. They even gave me a couple of options for the repair. I ended up going with the cheaper option which involved them touching up the wheel with a little paint rather than re-machining the wheel. You couldn't even tell that it was damaged after they were done. The only difference was on the one spoke they touched up - it no longer had the tiny machine lines on it. 10/10.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Lost control of my MK7 in the snow the night when we got a bunch of it. Smacked into a curb so it’s getting looked at today.

No creaking or rubbing so I think tie rods are okay, but there’s a noticeable hum that can be heard over the engine RPMs. No idea what that could be.