Chemical Guys or Adams Polishes

• Chemical Guys

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Adams Polishes

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Justin0122

Ready to race!
I know you guys are probably going to say they are the same products but just curious what you guys prefer, and what products you like from them.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
It's a stupid reason, but I won't buy any Adam's polish products because I'm sick of seeing so many accounts I follow on Instagram pushing their products.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I have their interior detailer, bug and tar remover and a wheel product. I like their stuff. Works well and I think they are well priced. Their site is great too.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
What specifically are you looking for? I believe the same company manufactures both of them. Adams is very boutiquey, offering marginal results. I have a high end detailing business I run from my home, and would be happy to answer any questions you have. I vote neither

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
What specifically are you looking for? I believe the same company manufactures both of them. Adams is very boutiquey, offering marginal results. I have a high end detailing business I run from my home, and would be happy to answer any questions you have. I vote neither

Please share.
Best:
1. Car wash liquid.
2. Interior cleaner.
3. Tire dresser.
4. wax/car polish.
5. Leather cleaner and conditioner.
6. Glass cleaner.

Would like to know.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Ok, I will share what I use.
Meg's D111 shampoo plus
Interior, Poorboys APC
Tire dressing. Meg's Hyperdressing
Shine Supply for compounds/polishes. Also HD polish is fantastic
Sealant. Daddy O from Shine Supply. But I coat a lot of cars.
Invisible glass is still one of the best. I coat glass too.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Ok, I will share what I use.
Meg's D111 shampoo plus
Interior, Poorboys APC
Tire dressing. Meg's Hyperdressing
Shine Supply for compounds/polishes. Also HD polish is fantastic
Sealant. Daddy O from Shine Supply. But I coat a lot of cars.
Invisible glass is still one of the best. I coat glass too.

Yes, I got one. IG.
Will look up the rest and research.
Thanks.

Dr.Bora

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive used Adams products for a couple years now. I feel their prices are fair and the products are great. ive really looked into chemical guys products but they just have way too much stuff that all basically do the same thing. you don't need 37 different bottles of liquids to wash your car. regular washing should require shampoo, wheel cleaner, interior cleaner and a detail spray. I don't doubt that chemical guys has awesome stuff and ive seen results. with these I think its just personal preference just like getting a tune, or tires, or a clutch. For me Adams is simple because I just don't have the time and money to spend on a crap ton of different products for one end goal, to have a clean and protected car.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I know you guys are probably going to say they are the same products but just curious what you guys prefer, and what products you like from them.

Chemical Guys also make a good blower used to dry the car.
Looks like a small leaf blower.
Small in size so you can hold in one hand. With the other hand you can wipe the car down.
Has a rubber nozzle for when you hit the car, no damage. (and you will hit it). Puts out a lot of air and you can adjust down low when needed.
Can also vacuum if needed.

TroyScherer

Ready to race!

Personally I vote neither if you are planning on going with only 1 company. Chemical Guys have a few soaps that are good but past that most of their stuff is average at best IMO. Citrus Wash & Gloss, Citrus Wash & Clear are both nice soaps for their use and cost.

Please share.
Best:
1. Car wash liquid.
2. Interior cleaner.
3. Tire dresser.
4. wax/car polish.
5. Leather cleaner and conditioner.
6. Glass cleaner.

Would like to know.

This is my list.

1. Meg's Hyper Wash, ONR
2. Meg's QID (Quick Interior Detailer)
3. Optimum Opti-Bond -or- Meg's HyperDressing
Opti-Bond is very matte and natural looking.
HyperDressing is quick and easy but doesn't last long in rain.
4. Sealants and coatings all the way.
Blackfire Crystal Seal, Opti-Seal, CQuartz, Sonax BSD
5. Meg's QID (When used regularly this is all you need.)
6. I use Meg's glass Cleaner but Invisible glass is very good as well and is my backup if needed.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Recently found out that my mother-in-law's neighbor across the street is Adam of Adam's Polishes. I guess I should say "was" her neighbor since they are moving. I've seen him around for years and knew he was in the detailing business but never pieced it together. Wish I could've gotten the chance to chat with him.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Personally I vote neither if you are planning on going with only 1 company. Chemical Guys have a few soaps that are good but past that most of their stuff is average at best IMO. Citrus Wash & Gloss, Citrus Wash & Clear are both nice soaps for their use and cost.

I agree. Much better stuff out there. I used to professionally detail cars back in the day and best products I found were usually Meguiar's professional line or Svisswax. All I use on my car is Svisswax and a couple p21s and sonax products. Also, nothing beats 1z for interior.

Last edited: