Drag Racing Champion
I really like my Curt hitch.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,242

RedReplicant

Ready to race!
As an update to this, I got the Curt hitch. The hitch height is 9" on a stock GTI. My stock catback vibrates on it under WOT occasionally once the car is hot... and this is with a bottom mount insert and me having already taken a pry bar to the exhaust in a few places. I'll be towing a trailer with my Tuono and R6 on it about 2000mi in October so time will tell. I wish we could do something like the FRS/BRZ have with their dual tow hook mounts.

rafa1

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI comparing part numbers, Curt has the same hitch for the GTI and regular Golf.

Attachments

• 13592291_10208630514192966_5884287030748176221_n.jpg
    13592291_10208630514192966_5884287030748176221_n.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 982

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Have the CURT. It's been excellent do far, and the easiest thing to install. Takes about 20 minutes, and that's only if you stop to have a beer while putting it in. I didn't even need to jack the car up.

beardedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
I'm interested in getting one for a bike rack but have no experience with hitches. Is there some modification involved or is it just a bolt on deal?

rafa1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm interested in getting one for a bike rack but have no experience with hitches. Is there some modification involved or is it just a bolt on deal?

Its pretty simple, if you go to hitches on uhaul it has a quick installation guide.

kansas83

Passed Driver's Ed

Agree. It's very easy with no modification. Works great with my swagman hitch mount bike rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk