GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CHEAP: BFI DIY Transmission Mount

Warfe-Motorsports

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 MQB
I built a solid square insert out of angle iron and tig welded it all up. Its stiff as a brick but made the entire motor alot more solid. Not for someone who doesnt want cabin noise though. Alot of vibration and drivetrain noise travels in.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
This is the part # that BFI quotes that the insert is supposed to work with but ECS has a strange message saying it's only for vehicles produced BEFORE March of 2014. So either the message is wrong (which is what I believe to be the case) OR they have the wrong part # listed

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-meyle-parts/transmission-mount/5q0199555t~mey/

edit: I contacted ECS support and they're acting 100% certain it won't fit my 2017
1614712309975.png

1614712321227.png

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This is the part # that BFI quotes that the insert is supposed to work with but ECS has a strange message saying it's only for vehicles produced BEFORE March of 2014. So either the message is wrong (which is what I believe to be the case) OR they have the wrong part # listed

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-meyle-parts/transmission-mount/5q0199555t~mey/

edit: I contacted ECS support and they're acting 100% certain it won't fit my 2017
View attachment 204917

View attachment 204918

Easy solution; buy from someone other than ECS.

Them listing a 2014 as a Mk7 in the USA is backwards to begin with, knowing them you’ll get some NOS Mk2 mounts lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I am going to order the Anchor version since it has the rivets. This little workaround is going to save me $200 CAD.

I’m not gonna sift back through to poor quality RA photos, but yeah just verify then when they arrive before taking the car apart.

The one I took a screenshot of is the only mount I could clearly see the silver rivets in

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Ya I noticed my mount has those too but according to BFI it won't work with my mount # (ends in 'AS'). It appears the part in between that makes the difference, especially since that's where the insert goes

edit: nevermind on the 2nd sentence, i thought you were showing the two different parts but I just realized it's the top/down views..durr

apparently, any mount with the silver rivets will work...despite BFI stating that specific one won't work 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
@GTI Jake Are you still running this? held up ok? Figured I'm gonna pull the trigger on this today along with engine mount and flexfuel sensor/gauge. I called and they said it should be fine for my year 2017.
Works fine for my 2017, even though it has the oem trans mount that not supposed to be compatible. Can't really speak to how well it's holding up because it's only been maybe 10k miles since the install