GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Please tell me you will improve the registration process at the same time. Currently bots and spam accounts can register at will and its a full time job removing them.

Bots are getting smarter and smarter in that often its actual ppl doing the registering for bot accounts, but we will make sure we have the latest anti-spam. To be seen how it does. I think it can only improve

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Went to mk8. Already don't like it.

Oops we ran into an issue seems to be the only page available.

And my existing login doesn't work and registering doesn't work.

Have to give it a chance I guess.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Went to mk8. Already don't like it.

Oops we ran into an issue seems to be the only page available.

And my existing login doesn't work and registering doesn't work.

Have to give it a chance I guess.

Hope the transition is smooth.

Sounds like it might be too late for that. Hopefully they won't switch before working out the problems on the MK8 forum that MonkeyMD just posted.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I have tried contacting you all about this before but your emails are going to spam because your mail sender is setup incorrect. This changeover is going to be a hot mess if you dont get that fixed as everything is going to spam or showing errors about fishing.

Last edited:

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Why do sites always have to change just for the sake of change? The site works very well as it is and so what if it's old technology. I mean what are you really going to add to a forum? If it has all kinds of issues on certain platforms (whether it is Apples fault or not) people will get frustrated and leave.
Just leave it alone.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Is this going to take care of the spam on the MK8 forum? I've gotten so many spam PMs over there.

Also, will we be able to change our usernames?!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Meh...saw the change on golfmkv and I don't like it

Booooo

Also took a look at MKV and can confirm that my subscribed threads did NOT migrate over to either the Bookmarks or Following locations. My private messages did migrate though. Wish I would have taken a screenshot of those subscribed threads and a little more heads up was given...

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Why do sites always have to change just for the sake of change? The site works very well as it is and so what if it's old technology. I mean what are you really going to add to a forum? If it has all kinds of issues on certain platforms (whether it is Apples fault or not) people will get frustrated and leave.
Just leave it alone.

It's a cost cutting measure. Same as when a few companies bought all the forums to consolidate click revenue. There is a centralized staff to support the boards instead of the dude that owned it.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Just leave it alone.
Yeah who cares if it's completely unsecure and no longer receiving updates - we want to NEVER CHANGE!!! Fuck security.

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
FWIW - a couple sites I regularly visit have moved to XenForo software. I have no issues reading or posting on either one on my gen 1 ipad, which is stuck in ios 5.1.1 since being not supported by apple anymore. I view in normal desktop mode...not mobile, tap-a-talk or whatever.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So far subscriptions work great

Figuring out how to make sure old links work... willl see

For now, subscribe to any thread you want to bookmark

Are you referring to new subscriptions/bookmarks? Because my old subscriptions on MKV are gone...