GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon Steel GTI

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Ok. So you got a 1.8 SportWagon and put mocked up "R" badges on it. Nice wagon, but the colors don't all match up. There is a Tungsten Siliver and Platinum Gray. Just keep your eyes on the road this time, especially if you purportedly went with an IS38 turbo - but you should really not have gone back to the JB4 IMO. Since, if you may be concerned about warranty - it doesn't matter if the ECU is overwritten on tunes since the ECU will store the "fault" perameters when something goes bad (i.e. boost pressure, AFR, etc.). So, when a problem does arrise the techs conducting the diognosis will beyound doubt see out of tolerance perameters. So, just get a better tune again from Alex and not worry about it....piggy back systems are not reliable or safer than a custom flash.

Last edited:

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Ok. So you got a 1.8 SportWagon and put mocked up "R" badges on it. Nice wagon, but the colors don't all match up. There is a Tungsten Siliver and Platinum Gray. Just keep your eyes on the road this time, especially if you purportedly went with an IS38 turbo - but you should really not have gone back to the JB4 IMO. Since, if you may be concerned about warranty - it doesn't matter if the ECU is overwritten on tunes since the ECU will store the "fault" perameters when something goes bad (i.e. boost pressure, AFR, etc.). So, when a problem does arrise the techs conducting the diognosis will beyound doubt see out of tolerance perameters. So, just get a better tune again from Alex and not worry about it....piggy back systems are not reliable or safer than a custom flash.

Not sure what you mean on the colors, mine's Platinum Grey? Lighting, background, and filter clearly alters the color. Genuine R bumper and R brakes... worry not friend, R badges are coming off for R-line badges as soon as it arrives 🤷‍♂️.

Yes, IS38 on JB4. I mean, obviously an ECU tune would be miles better. I don't think anyone's argued otherwise?

Regarding safety, there's so many people using the JB4 and many active threads about it with logs and everything. If it was that unreliable and blowing up shit here and there, obviously, I, along with many others, wouldn't be using it. It's not like I have the thing cranked up to 40 psi, plus I'm logging and getting feedback from the folks here to make sure my brain and my car isn't exploding.

But anyway, regarding warranty and tunes, piggyback or otherwise, I'm quite aware. I understand the risks and high possibility of warranty denial in the event of something goes wrong. I'm not going to cry if something blows and it not being covered under warranty. I did have a MK7 GTI after all... and my mod progress of that is clearly detailed in this thread?

I'll get an ECU/TCU flash eventually, I think that's a given considering the modding rabbit hole I'm already in. Stratified, if I recall correctly, only tunes with the Cobb AP for the VW/Audi platform. Cobb doesn't support the 1.8t.

"Just keep your eyes on the road this time, especially if you purportedly went with an IS38 turbo"
And thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot and crashed while I'm driving and typing this 😉

Cheers

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Those wheels are the thing that really bring out a full image of that Wagon.
LOL - your last comment...you are on many forums very often, doubt you’re driving a great deal 😉