GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
as soon as any of these lifts fall on me, I’ll let you know. Save you guys the trouble of spending your money.

I'm quite sure that it falls on everyone and I can't figure out how they keep selling it with all the lawsuits.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
The part number for the SRS connector is 4H0972773. You can get them pretty cheap if you know the vw parts guy, or online/ebay. The VW wire I used was
000979159E (this is super expensive at the dealer, but very cheap on ebay). Then I wired in the resistor. The resistor is polar, so make sure you test it before you solder.

Do you think you could elaborate more on this?

Navi

Autocross Champion
it can only be installed one way to work correctly. I forgot the orientation but it's based on the gold stripe. Try it one way. If the air bag light still comes on, then switch it around in the wire and try it that way. Only works if it's in the right direction.

sijray21

Go Kart Newbie
Only read the first post so far, but man. Crazy story. Great work on the seats and I'll read up on the rest of the pages sometime later. I love builds like this since I don't have the funds or dedication for something like this, but I love reading about others and their cars.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
it can only be installed one way to work correctly. I forgot the orientation but it's based on the gold stripe. Try it one way. If the air bag light still comes on, then switch it around in the wire and try it that way. Only works if it's in the right direction.
Do you mean capacitor?

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice thread! I just went through all the pages. I really want an EZLift now. I hate jacking up the car and placing stands. I'll have to consider this some day! Keep up the awesome updates/work!

Navi

Autocross Champion
Very nice thread! I just went through all the pages. I really want an EZLift now. I hate jacking up the car and placing stands. I'll have to consider this some day! Keep up the awesome updates/work!

thanks (y)

jmx747

This thread is awesome. Your GTI is gorgeous and I pretty much love almost everything you've done to it. Not to mention the multiple suspension teardowns and brake jobs. I'm curious to see what comes next!

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
The part number for the SRS connector is 4H0972773. You can get them pretty cheap if you know the vw parts guy, or online/ebay. The VW wire I used was
000979159E (this is super expensive at the dealer, but very cheap on ebay). Then I wired in the resistor. The resistor is polar, so make sure you test it before you solder.

So I've purchased the connector 4H0972773. Looking now at the wire to insert into them. When I look at the pictures of 000979159E the pins don't look to be very long, in that they wouldn't reach far enough into the connector. Are you sure this is correct? Have you actually used them successfully on the connector? 000979160E has a longer pin on it.

Just want to make sure before making the purchase.

For reference:

000979160E

Navi

Autocross Champion
yes I'm positive. I asked my local VW dealer what wire goes in that connector. He looks up the repair wire based on the connector part number. That's what he told me. I mean realistically, you can use any pin that fits in there.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
yes I'm positive. I asked my local VW dealer what wire goes in that connector. He looks up the repair wire based on the connector part number. That's what he told me. I mean realistically, you can use any pin that fits in there.

Well they should know. Okay will give it a shot. Cheers!