GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Just read through your thread.

Wish I had at least a quarter of the effort you have lol, great taste in wheels BTW. When I picked up this car the first thing I knew I'd be able to do was finally get my hands on a set of Volks after being cursed with the estranged Saab 5x110 pattern.

I saw you said something about weight earlier, mine are 18.1 lbs a piece. I can't imagine yours would be that much different.

Also thank you for wrapping the hood lol. Was scrolling through and was like "plswraphoodpls"

Very very solid and clean build. I'm eventually going to end up with coilovers and now have very decidedly against bilsteins lol. Still have whiteline control arms to put on and want front monobloc calipers that fit the stock sized rotors, because I went with ecs floating rotors that do the part, but you also said rear bias was plauging you with the stock setup in the rear: these cars have a bit of rear bias anyways once you get some tire on them.

I'm rambling lol, hopefully the mexibeer virus doesn't completely kill the track season this year and we'll run into each other, I'll keep wishing I had those seats in the meantime

Attachments

• 20200309_122126.jpg
    20200309_122126.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 210

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Navi, just saw your build thread. didn't read through all of it, yet but WOW!! awesome stuff!! I didn't know you had done so much..stay well brother.

i'm the guy with the lapiz blue, we met at one of Alex's meets at bear mountain. the same guy who really liked that sport shifter and the rear wing you had you might remember.

Terpfool1

Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Navi, I've been reading your thread instead of working! Impressive amount of attention to detail. Good stuff. What model neuspeed are those rims? I really like them!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
On the subject of jacks, the one Navi bought is actually a good value. $600 or 700 more than ezjack, with more room to work, and better reliability. If value doesn't figure into your thought process when you purchase things, you're wasting your money. I would love a 2 post, but I'd have to raise the roof in my garage, lose my 3rd bay or make it very difficult to park 2 cars in the double bay. $1700 ish is looking pretty inexpensive to me at this point with the amount of expense to install one. I have a buddy that purchased a 2 post cheap from a shop that was closing, but it cost almost what Navi paid to get it installed and working.

Interested in what toe hooks you bought. I bought a set but they stick out way too far and aren't able to be shortened without massive effort. I'd rather just buy the correct thing.

Loving the color, reminds of the blue Porsche uses. I think they call it Miami blue??? or something like that.

The tip about the BMW adhesive is awesome, I'm going to replace the Rabbit spoiler (PP in europe I think) with the TCR spoiler. I was trying to figure out how to secure it.

And those wheels are so beautiful, I'd be afraid to drive on them. Nothing better than a car part that is art, functional, and light. They make my RSe16's look like Lego wheels. lol.

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Just read through your thread.

Wish I had at least a quarter of the effort you have lol, great taste in wheels BTW. When I picked up this car the first thing I knew I'd be able to do was finally get my hands on a set of Volks after being cursed with the estranged Saab 5x110 pattern.

I saw you said something about weight earlier, mine are 18.1 lbs a piece. I can't imagine yours would be that much different.

Also thank you for wrapping the hood lol. Was scrolling through and was like "plswraphoodpls"

Very very solid and clean build. I'm eventually going to end up with coilovers and now have very decidedly against bilsteins lol. Still have whiteline control arms to put on and want front monobloc calipers that fit the stock sized rotors, because I went with ecs floating rotors that do the part, but you also said rear bias was plauging you with the stock setup in the rear: these cars have a bit of rear bias anyways once you get some tire on them.

I'm rambling lol, hopefully the mexibeer virus doesn't completely kill the track season this year and we'll run into each other, I'll keep wishing I had those seats in the meantime

Mine are 17.4lbs. 18x8.5. Which tracks do you hit?

Hey Navi, just saw your build thread. didn't read through all of it, yet but WOW!! awesome stuff!! I didn't know you had done so much..stay well brother.

i'm the guy with the lapiz blue, we met at one of Alex's meets at bear mountain. the same guy who really liked that sport shifter and the rear wing you had you might remember.

oh yeah I remember. How have you been? Never saw you at any other mountain run.

Navi, I've been reading your thread instead of working! Impressive amount of attention to detail. Good stuff. What model neuspeed are those rims? I really like them!

thanks. neuspeed rse10 hyperblack

@Navi the SuperPro mounts are being installed on May 26th.

NICE! that's today lol.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Update from the past 5 months:

fried the ecu back in February. That was fun. Surprisingly, a new ecu isn't that expensive. And the new ecu is a different part number and not manufactured in Mexico.

Roller shot after fix:

Couple shots hanging with the homies:

Linked up with some friends at my house:

Started to change some stuff on the car. Started with the HR Performance Plus coilovers. Took them out and went back to Bilsteins against my better judgement. They haven't broke yet but I'm going to change them soon. Proper tools make the job easy.

During the coilover install, noticed my endlinks were SHOT! Surprised they didn't snap on me. Fixed them afterwards.

Car sits pretty nice on the Bilsteins... just doesn't ride that well.

Got a fluidampr for the hype horsepower

Roller shot on the way to TCR in NJ for fluidampr install. Was thinking of doing it myself, but this is not something I wanted to fuck up lol.

Decided to go with a TPC20 turbo. Probably should have stayed IS38 though. Oh well.

HPA HPFP

Random tire gauge

My AWE downpipe cracked on me! For the second time. So sent it to AWE for repair but decided fuck that trash. Switched out the AWE downpipe and AWE touring exhaust for a Milltek setup. Fitment is better. Hoping quality is better as well. Time will tell. Love the titanium finish tips.

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Cont...

Bear Mountain cruise

New rimmies. Impulse buy. The white has not grown on me as I thought it would. :cry: Ceramic coated the shit out of them.

Changes to my oil cooling system and oil filter setup:

Realized things are too congested in this area with the oil lines, fuel lines, coolant lines, etc... And lately I'm not a fan of VWR stuff. Kicked that catch can to the curb and replaced with a real nice unit and relocated to driver side.

Had to make a custom bracket. This is the raw version. Have a couple things to do to clean it up and powdercoat etc... Made new AN fitting lines which I really hate doing for some reason. Oh yeah, running an AMS intake, AMS charge pipe and AMS intercooler now as well.

Realized I didn't I have a good hand oil pump, so I searched extensively for the best one. Hoping this thing lasts me 50 years. Feels like it will.

Hung out with more homies. Saw the cleanest Si I've seen in awhile.

Cleaned up the interior. Had the harnesses hanging all over the place. Went with some harness collars. Added a fire extinguisher bc I've been watching a lot of videos of Vipers catching on fire in Texas LOL

Finally got around to sideskirts. Should have done this a LONG time ago. Makes such a big difference.

Cracked my Rieger front lip... which was a good thing bc I really wanted something a little more aggressive. Went with the isweep. Seems better quality and fitment is on point. Def lower as well.

And now we are all caught up. Today... wash in some hot ass weather.

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Finally got around to sideskirts.
These are R skirts? They came gloss black?
Always with the nice mods car looks great. The white wheels fit the scheme of things well.