GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Picked up a new set of wheels that I've been lusting over for a long time.

ZE40, TE37, CE28n... they just work on anything. Looks amazing!!

Navi

Autocross Champion
ZE40, TE37, CE28n... they just work on anything. Looks amazing!!

very true. I always google future cars I want with those wheels on them, and they always have photos. Literally any car you can find with those rims lol. And it always looks good. I'm not a big fan of TE37 though. I do miss the RE30 though. Very surprised they got rid of that wheel. Always thought it was quite good looking.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
very true. I always google future cars I want with those wheels on them, and they always have photos. Literally any car you can find with those rims lol. And it always looks good. I'm not a big fan of TE37 though. I do miss the RE30 though. Very surprised they got rid of that wheel. Always thought it was quite good looking.

Probably because TE37s are on EVERY car nowadays. Even seen a Prius Prime with them, which honestly looked awesome :D. I do slightly prefer Advan GT nowadays...

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
Probably because TE37s are on EVERY car nowadays. Even seen a Prius Prime with them, which honestly looked awesome :D. I do slightly prefer Advan GT nowadays...

Not to mention it is the most replicated wheel out there. Varrestoen etc really cheapened the appeal of these IMO

Navi

Autocross Champion

Advan GT Premium in mag blue might be me favorite wheel

Navi

Autocross Champion
Do you happen to know how much those weigh? And the cost.

not sure of the weight. Advan and Volk don't really publish their weights. Not sure why bc they are pretty light and a good selling point. I would guess it's around 17-18lbs. I've been told the Advan GT is one of the more heavier forged wheels that they sell. Price is pretty expensive. 800/wheel. The other thing I don't like about the wheel is that it is 18x8 instead of 18x8.5 which kind of sucks for our platform. I have a feeling the GT Premium in VW/audi fitment is a carryover wheel that they had originally designed for the MKVI R.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/advan-gt-premium-wheel-18x80-5x112-offset-48/

If you look at the regular Advan GT (not Premium) it has better fitment for MKVII. But I personally like the GT Premium more.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
not sure of the weight. Advan and Volk don't really publish their weights. Not sure why bc they are pretty light and a good selling point. I would guess it's around 17-18lbs. I've been told the Advan GT is one of the more heavier forged wheels that they sell. Price is pretty expensive. 800/wheel. The other thing I don't like about the wheel is that it is 18x8 instead of 18x8.5 which kind of sucks for our platform. I have a feeling the GT Premium in VW/audi fitment is a carryover wheel that they had originally designed for the MKVI R.

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/store/product/advan-gt-premium-wheel-18x80-5x112-offset-48/

If you look at the regular Advan GT (not Premium) it has better fitment for MKVII. But I personally like the GT Premium more.

Thanks for that. At $800/wheel I'll cross that off my list.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Thanks for that. At $800/wheel I'll cross that off my list.
FYI, there are several forged OEM Audi wheels that can be found for @ $250-400 a piece on the used market.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Advan gts are sick

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
FYI, there are several forged OEM Audi wheels that can be found for @ $250-400 a piece on the used market.

Please do tell.

Looking for 18x8.5 or 18x9.

Have seen the TTS Forgeline wheels in 18x9, but their offset is 52. Whole reason for looking for new wheels is avoiding spacers to install BBK.

am215

Ready to race!

if you're interested in a set of re30's in 18x8 +35 let me know as I'm parting with mine

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
if you're interested in a set of re30's in 18x8 +35 let me know as I'm parting with mine

Probably too rich for my blood, but those are some great looking wheels. Bronze I assume.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP