GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can i cash a check that got chewed up and spit out with a chunk missing?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
So, i got the rebate check from my free kingston 8gb usb stick, but it's missing a good chunk of it. would a bank allow me to cash it?

Attachments

• rebate check tear.jpg
    rebate check tear.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,425

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
No, the check can't be deposited because the 9-digit ABA routing number is missing. That number identifies the issuing bank. You will need to request a replacement check from Kingston.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The ABA routing number was 091911315. Take the check to your bank and give them that information and see if they'll deposit it.

Chris@RT

Banned
There is no law that says a check ha to have a routing number as far as I am aware they just need a way to identify the bank, which they can do with the address and get the routing number just as you probably did.

You can write a check on a napkin and its legal.

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
x2 lol i think they can call or just verify with kingstons bank

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
There is no law that says a check ha to have a routing number as far as I am aware they just need a way to identify the bank, which they can do with the address and get the routing number just as you probably did.

You can write a check on a napkin and its legal.
You can write an IOU on a napkin, but that doesn't make it a check.

In order to deposit a check through the Federal Reserve's ACH (Automated Clearing House) system, it must have a valid 9-digit ABA (routing) and account number.

I've spent nearly a decade of my professional career designing and implementing electronic payment software for credit cards and electronic checks.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Yes, you can hand-write a check, but it still needs to follow guidelines specified by NACHA and ACH, which includes the 9-digit routing and account numbers. Anything else ist just an IOU.

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
That's as good as money, sir. Those are I.O.U.'s. Go ahead and add it up, every cent's accounted for. Look, see this? That's a car. 275 thou. Might wanna hang onto that one.