GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camber plates/best track setup

SD-GTI

Car(s)
2020 GTI, 2019 M2C
I've looked through all the posts I can find on the subject but still have questions..

I track my car 3-4 times a year and I'm happy with the performance, but tire wear is a bit of an issue. I'm running Nitto NT01's on track days and usually at Chuckwalla here in SoCal, which has a banked turn that seems to chew up the outside edge of my fronts. Have been told more negative camber would help with this. What say you all? Is it worth getting plates and any recommendations from people in a similar situation/setup? This is my DD and I put about 10,000 miles a year on the car outside of the track.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I have -2° camber and feel like I could use another -1°. Would be able to daily without any concerns whatsoever.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have -2° camber and feel like I could use another -1°. Would be able to daily without any concerns whatsoever.
It's not that big of an issue. Toe out will wear a tire out a lot faster. If you have stock toe settings you will be fine.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Negative camber is your friend for track days and tire conservation.

I’ve used the Superpro Top Mounts and the EuroSport Camber pucks. The EuroSport are much more friendly for daily driving.

The pucks in combination with Superpro LCA’s and VWR springs give me -2.2

8F8F2349-C1A5-4755-BF49-B5D73E896D85.jpeg

Last edited:

Isty

Car(s)
GTI Clubsport
Want to bump this question!

I probably do 5-8 trackdays a year and really need more camber up front.

Which route should I take to achieve -3 to -3.5 up front and still keep my DDC? I can go coilovers with DDC cancel but if I can keep the DDC I'd be happy.

Cars a 2017 gti Clubsport

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
I have superpro camber/caster bushings and 034 camber top mounts and I am sitting at -3 camber in the front.

Isty

Car(s)
GTI Clubsport
I have superpro camber/caster bushings and 034 camber top mounts and I am sitting at -3 camber in the front.

Could you share part number or link for the Superpro camber/caster bushing?
The 034 top mounts were easy to find!