GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

dishwab

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a question regarding the different groups that are available with the JB4.

I'm looking to buy used for my Alltrack. On the Burger Tuning website I see that means I need a group 3 module. I found one for sale locally that came off a Golf R (which makes it a group 1). Am I able to use this on my Alltrack?

If so, what do I need to do in advance of hooking it up? Replace the maps? Or, will the JB4 module automatically detect that my engine is a 1.8 and adjust from there?

Thanks in advance all

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You can use any model that works on the GTI/GOLF/GOLF R on the Alltrack.

I would do a firmware update on the JB4 to the latest (alpha) firmware when you get it. Make sure the fuel bias all say "100", make sure the Fuel Open Loop is 0.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
And don't run map 6 until you verify it's boost settings. Unlike Zumble, I'd update to the last non beta or alpha FW. JB4_EA888_8_6.hex is what it currently ships with.

dishwab

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok great, thanks for the info guys. I don't think I'll see a need to take it off map 1, at least for a while.

Sounds like I should be good to go though - just download the new firmware, make sure it's set to map 1, and let the box do it's thing?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ok great, thanks for the info guys. I don't think I'll see a need to take it off map 1, at least for a while.

Sounds like I should be good to go though - just download the new firmware, make sure it's set to map 1, and let the box do it's thing?

Yup. Throw up some logs.

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got the is 20 installed on my mk7.5 1.8tsi I did a log in map 6 (I will attach a picture of my map 6 settings below). Is there anything I can do to make this pull harder but still be mindful of the clutch. i am running 91oct and some of my mods include:
Jb4(obviously)
Oem gti turbo back
Res and second cat delete
K&n drop in filter
Is20

https://datazap.me/u/teoh18tsi/is20-map-6-log-2?log=0&data=1-4-5

Attachments

• DB9F9D41-6944-4453-9258-D6ED2F0317F1.png
    DB9F9D41-6944-4453-9258-D6ED2F0317F1.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 148

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Finally got the is 20 installed on my mk7.5 1.8tsi I did a log in map 6 (I will attach a picture of my map 6 settings below). Is there anything I can do to make this pull harder but still be mindful of the clutch. i am running 91oct and some of my mods include:
Jb4(obviously)
Oem gti turbo back
Res and second cat delete
K&n drop in filter
Is20

https://datazap.me/u/teoh18tsi/is20-map-6-log-2?log=0&data=1-4-5

Where did you get these values?!?! Log the car in map 2.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
You are maxed out and more in map 2. You need better gas. As a comparison, here's your motor stock(is12) with 93 octane, drop in and airbox tweak. Cooler day but still.
https://datazap.me/u/goodvibes/11-13-15-16-17-17-17-17-16-15-14-13?log=0&data=1-4-11-25-26-27

Get a tune and stack. is20 just doesn't seem like it's worth it unless you're willing to get the octane way up or an ecu tune. Then it's kinda awesome.