GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So, I’m ashamed to admit I have never investigated Maestro. Does it offer canned programs as well as the ability to blow up your engine on your own? [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There aren't many canned programs. There is only a canned stage 1 and stage 2 (IS12) and canned Stage 2 IS20. Not much support. You do get the ability to blow your own car up. Feel free to message me about it. Don't want to muddy up this thread.

Teo1.8t

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys I’m looking to get a jb4 for my mk7.5 1.8tsi cxbb. I have a gfb diverter valve and a oem gti dp and exhaust. Would running the jb4 give me any significant power increase rather then doing something like a racechip

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hey guys I’m looking to get a jb4 for my mk7.5 1.8tsi cxbb. I have a gfb diverter valve and a oem gti dp and exhaust. Would running the jb4 give me any significant power increase rather then doing something like a racechip

I don't think Racechip allows custom boost curves. I'm not sure you will see head and shoulders better gains over racechip, but you probably have more options with a JB4.

King Victor VII

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
Jb4 is the best option for a piggy back. Get their water meth kit too and thank me later

King Victor VII

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8T
What is that?
Only the best thing since sliced bread

Methanol is an alcohol that’s very cold when it evaporates. The water meth system is a mix of the two, usually 50/50 and it acts like a chemical intercooler. There are cars that run purely on meth instead of gasoline but the water meth system is used in conjunction with the JB4 to cool your intake as well as decrease knock. The WM kit has an injector that you usually place pre throttle body on our cars. I used a CTS throttle pipe since it has a bung for the kit from burger tuning

Another benefit of the kit is that meth will keep your valves clean since the 1.8T is direct injected in North America.

It’s my favourite addition to the car so far, I decided to go the meth route instead of intercooler and catch can due to the cooling/cleaning.

Depending how you set up the car you can get backfires too if you’re into that kinda thing like me. It makes the AFR richer due to the alcohol (meth)

Do your research though if you’re new to meth, don’t want to loose any teeth

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
JB4 + meth + stock ECU is the best combo!??
It actually works quite well because the jb4 works with the failsafe on the meth and the jb4 also keeps all of the factory fail safes in place. It is usually when guys stack that there is any danger. No one has ever blown an engine on just jb4

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
So, I just installed a JB4 without the MAP wire on an Alltrack. Map 1, obviously, and will run 93 octane. Don't feel anything but smooth power increase. If it's pulling timing, it's too subtle to notice. Plan was to not use the MAP wire, run higher than needed 93 on default 91 map 1 and call it a day during the warranty period. George says you can run map 1 without the added O2 sensor. I am running higher octane than MAP 1 calls for to compensate a bit as I'm pretty sure the MAP correction will add more fuel to prevent timing pull when needed. Higher octane should do the same.

Car feels like it should have come this way. Much more refined than expected from a piggyback. Very happy.:)

Last edited: