GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
That log doesn't look terrible. Try shaving some off and see how it goes. You can also try additive map instead of absolute.
Yeah, thanks for all the good posts throughout this thread, I learned a lot before I even had it hooked up... anyway, I'm thinking just that half psi less at 4500 and 5000 should do it, maybe just run map 3 in the summer if I get corrections once it heats up As you saw, Map 3 was clean for me before I even had the AFR wire hooked up... But tonight I work graveyard and it's ultra slow on Saturday night so I can step away and get full pulls in easily, I'm let you know how it goes!

I just wish it pulled enough data to do a Virtual Dyno. Maybe it does under Juice Box profile, I'll give it a shot.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah, thanks for all the good posts throughout this thread, I learned a lot before I even had it hooked up... anyway, I'm thinking just that half psi less at 4500 and 5000 should do it, maybe just run map 3 in the summer if I get corrections once it heats up As you saw, Map 3 was clean for me before I even had the AFR wire hooked up... But tonight I work graveyard and it's ultra slow on Saturday night so I can step away and get full pulls in easily, I'm let you know how it goes!

I just wish it pulled enough data to do a Virtual Dyno. Maybe it does under Juice Box profile, I'll give it a shot.
With a bit more fuel from the AFR wire, map 3 could be even better.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
The Pedal Tuner definitely is pricey. Watch the forum because they come up for sale used a lot. The first thing everyone comments on when they drive my car is the throttle response.
Good idea, I mean I got my JB4 on a great deal used, I'm sure they come up cheap as well... what about other brands of throttle enhancers? Are they not adjustable like the BMS one? I think I remember some as low as like $99....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Good idea, I mean I got my JB4 on a great deal used, I'm sure they come up cheap as well... what about other brands of throttle enhancers? Are they not adjustable like the BMS one? I think I remember some as low as like $99....
Don't know if there's other ones. Only can vouch for the BMS one.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
If it works as advertised it's a heck of a good deal. 👍
Amazon makes it easy to return stuff if the good reviews end up being fake, I think I might try it! However, I did *just* get my Map 6 going and I do have to say that I really can feel it spooling it pretty quick already, I may have already found a good balance for my daily with just the little but noticeable bump from the OBDEleven throttle response setting... But HERE is an even cheaper, more basic one, hehe... now I gotta try this!

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Amazon makes it easy to return stuff if the good reviews end up being fake, I think I might try it! However, I did *just* get my Map 6 going and I do have to say that I really can feel it spooling it pretty quick already, I may have already found a good balance for my daily with just the little but noticeable bump from the OBDEleven throttle response setting.
Since it's easy to return I would try it. If I didn't already have the BMS one I would have got it.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
So here is a new Map 6, it was 33 degrees and snowing but not sticking yet. So not sure with it so cold if it's even accurate to consider "final" but all I did from earlier was take a half PSI off at 4500 and 5000 where I had some small corrections and now there are none and felt good for the IS12. I also got a Map 3 log but the Map 6 log clearly felt better and I was able to hit over 15psi even in the cold... Any suggestions on where I can maybe push it a bit or am I done here? Again, I had gotten small corrections from 4500-5000 (peak power) and dialed those out, but there isn't much else I can do in other parts of the powerband? Otherwise I think this is good for now, I received some holiday cash and spent it on a DP, pendulum dogbone brace (already have bushing insert), discharge pipe and have the IS20 to go in along with it. Also have new RS7 plugs, which I figured couldn't hurt with JB4 tuning on a 1.8 with lots of timing, a crank spark plug gapper, and a cheapie throttle controller all coming or here already.

https://datazap.me/u/danbfree/map-6?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

Power curve comparison between Map 6 (higher curved solid line - HP and higher curved dotted - TQ) and Map 3 (Lower curved solid/lower curved dotted) - Really goes to show how much better you can dial in Map 6 when you have decent fuel! This is using Virtual Dyno, which is typically used with full logging devices like a Cobb AP, but after making some tweaks to the Correction factor, I believe to be near 240whp/270wtq, which is right inline with a Stage 1 flash tune, but could be a little bit less but at least I believe that is a solid ballpark figure.
Est_Dyno.JPG

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
So here is a new Map 6, it was 33 degrees and snowing but not sticking yet. So not sure with it so cold if it's even accurate to consider "final" but all I did from earlier was take a half PSI off at 4500 and 5000 where I had some small corrections and now there are none and felt good for the IS12. I also got a Map 3 log but the Map 6 log clearly felt better and I was able to hit over 15psi even in the cold... Any suggestions on where I can maybe push it a bit or am I done here? Again, I had gotten small corrections from 4500-5000 (peak power) and dialed those out, but there isn't much else I can do in other parts of the powerband? Otherwise I think this is good for now, I received some holiday cash and spent it on a DP, pendulum dogbone brace (already have bushing insert), discharge pipe and have the IS20 to go in along with it. Also have new RS7 plugs, which I figured couldn't hurt with JB4 tuning on a 1.8 with lots of timing, a crank spark plug gapper, and a cheapie throttle controller all coming or here already.

https://datazap.me/u/danbfree/map-6?log=0&data=1-3-4-6-11-14-18-25-26-27-28

Power curve comparison between Map 6 (higher curved solid line - HP and higher curved dotted - TQ) and Map 3 (Lower curved solid/lower curved dotted) - Really goes to show how much better you can dial in Map 6 when you have decent fuel! This is using Virtual Dyno, which is typically used with full logging devices like a Cobb AP, but after making some tweaks to the Correction factor, I believe to be near 240whp/270wtq, which is right inline with a Stage 1 flash tune, but could be a little bit less but at least I believe that is a solid ballpark figure.
View attachment 233132

You can try to give it a touch more boost under 4500. That's where the IS12 shines anyway.