GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bumper Lip glue question

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a new bumper lip from VW and it states I need to use glue in a track on the lip. I went to VW parts and asked them what kind of glue I need and if they had any. They told me they just go to places like carquest or something. So I went to a shop in town and I got something called 3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive.
I don't like the warning on the Directions. I have enclosed a picture.
"This adhesive contains solvents that will attack or damage some automotive finishes"
I realize the lip will be permanent but should I look into using something else?

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
The thing that made my decision not to use glue was that if (when) the lip gets damaged, removing it by way of screws seemed way more reasonable than having to rip it off due to the glue. Should you decide on going the screw route, many folks here have had issues with self tapping screws.

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
The thing that made my decision not to use glue was that if (when) the lip gets damaged, removing it by way of screws seemed way more reasonable than having to rip it off due to the glue. Should you decide on going the screw route, many folks here have had issues with self tapping screws.
That is a good point, I hadn't thought about it.

According to the parts catalogue, this is the part number for for the adhesive kit for aerodynamic custom parts : 000 071 785 A.
Thanks for finding that. It might come in handy.