GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb Type for OEM Headlights

metjuw

I have a VW Golf Mk 7 1.6 TDi 2016 and I was considering changing my standard OEM headlights to HIDs. I would like to know what type are the standard bulbs? I tried looking through the owner's manual but it doesn't say the type of bulbs being used..

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Thanks, a lot to consider when doing this - we use H7RC tested bulbs in for our MK7 GTI/Golf HID kit with the no-tap adapters:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk7-gt...kit-full-set-including-adapters-and-resistors

Here is another video of showing these when aimed correctly - you will not be flashed:

The light output is the same amount on the road as a projector.

We again never seen any bad beam angle - here is the endless customer photos showing how the light is focused - it won't cause glare so we feel the bulb is simply not aimed correctly.

Photo of light pattern on the road / parking lot - it is a wide spread of light that is usable and what matters:

shows how far this is shining light and cut-off:

This is a great photo showing the even wide spread of light you actually gain while not blinding anyone:

metjuw

Thanks.. :)

Thanks, a lot to consider when doing this - we use H7RC tested bulbs in for our MK7 GTI/Golf HID kit with the no-tap adapters:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk7-gti-slim-digital-h7-rc-hid-headlight-kit-full-set-including-adapters-and-resistors

Here is another video of showing these when aimed correctly - you will not be flashed:

The light output is the same amount on the road as a projector.

We again never seen any bad beam angle - here is the endless customer photos showing how the light is focused - it won't cause glare so we feel the bulb is simply not aimed correctly.

Photo of light pattern on the road / parking lot - it is a wide spread of light that is usable and what matters:

shows how far this is shining light and cut-off:

This is a great photo showing the even wide spread of light you actually gain while not blinding anyone:

The H7RC looks very bright but when widespread it loses light from sides I guess since the bulb is at a centre angle.. Btw is the bulb type of the GTi the same for the TDi model?

pantsos

Ready to race!
Does anybody know what type and brand of LED headlight bulb the new facelift 7.5 is using?

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

The H7RC looks very bright but when widespread it loses light from sides I guess since the bulb is at a centre angle.. Btw is the bulb type of the GTi the same for the TDi model?

Thanks for considering our company, we do not see any light being lost on the sides, there is more light being gained sides/down the road.

See this photo - OEM VS our HID:

We know the overclocked halogens are tempting but we are telling you - they go out quickly / are not that much brighter / you will want more light after using them. It is like buying a 250cc Motorcycle, it does the job but many will want a 600cc within a month.

metjuw

Thanks for considering our company, we do not see any light being lost on the sides, there is more light being gained sides/down the road.

See this photo - OEM VS our HID:

We know the overclocked halogens are tempting but we are telling you - they go out quickly / are not that much brighter / you will want more light after using them. It is like buying a 250cc Motorcycle, it does the job but many will want a 600cc within a month.
Welcome.. Definitely the comparison between the two types is very noticeable.. What color temperature is recommended to use 6000k or 8000k?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Welcome.. Definitely the comparison between the two types is very noticeable.. What color temperature is recommended to use 6000k or 8000k?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

We do not sell 8k, the higher the temp the less visibility, we suggest our 5K or 6K - in the photo is a 6K.