GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brought my 2019 R home

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
I like the DSG in the 19 R I picked up a couple of weeks ago, but the next one will be a manual. It's where my heart is, even if I will have to replace the clutch as soon as I drive it off the lot hahahahaha

Gauge851

How long ago did you order it? Ordered mine last November. White DSG. I’ve been shifting gears for almost 50 years, so time for a change

I ordered in early February.

You will totally love the DSG! They both have their advantages and I don't think either is a bad choice :D

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats ;-) I picked up my 2019 R (MT6) a couple of weeks ago.

Check out the Boomba racing short shift clutch adapter, 15min install and a world of difference. I had one on my GTI and so does my son, for the price it's a great mod for 6MT

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Congrats ;-) I picked up my 2019 R (MT6) a couple of weeks ago.

Check out the Boomba racing short shift clutch adapter, 15min install and a world of difference. I had one on my GTI and so does my son, for the price it's a great mod for 6MT

The Boomba adapter was the first mod I did on my R. It’s cheap, the install is easy, and it makes a notable difference. But it pales in comparison to the Sigma Six, which I have now. I’d personally skip it and get a true STS if that’s an area you want to improve.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I really do enjoy both. There is no way in hell I can shift as fast as DSG with APR tune. But with manual being more and more of a rarity offering in new model cars, I just couldn't pass up buying one this time around.

You 'da man if you can shift as fast as a stock DSG. :) Takes a special kind of skill to shift a manual faster than 8 milliseconds.

Gauge851

He didn't, exactly. He said he couldn't shift as fast as a DSG with APR tune, which would imply he can shift as fast/faster than a stock DSG.

Lol, to clarify, I AM claiming I can shift as fast as DSG...provided said DSG is severely broken.

I was just using my GTI as point of reference for DSG shifting speed, which has the APR tune on it.