GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken motor

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Besides the parameter trigger points stored in logs like boost and torque the ECU stores a date stamp and a type of a dealer code. I have stated this from day one. A big concern would be if there was a emissions non voluntary software update.

Curious then....how long does it keep this stuff for, do you know George? and is the JB1 virtually immune to any type of ECU digging, etc? I only say because there has got to be some values that the ECU is going to see are out of range. I.E. injector pulse/fuel used.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Curious then....how long does it keep this stuff for, do you know George? and is the JB1 virtually immune to any type of ECU digging, etc? I only say because there has got to be some values that the ECU is going to see are out of range. I.E. injector pulse/fuel used.

We have our own cars tested over and over as well as customer cars. There is nothing to be seen or at least that can be logged. On turbo cars the values stored are usually torque, boost and rpm. They do not really need to store much more because for fault instances they have freeze frames taken which will show the exact conditions a fault is cause where it will take a "picture" of the information on the CAN showing full conditions at the time.

On the naturally aspirated BMW's the main items stored and registered since the car is new is rpm and speed. The way it works is its got a trigger point. On a V8 M3 its 8400rpm so if the car has a raised rpm limiter each time it passes it will register the event and store it. In the BMW case its on a separate module in the car. This assists them to also prove a over rev if needed. Below is the report from a car that had its warranty revoked, the one is mileage based and the other time based. I must try find the report on the top speed exceeded of the same car.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I'm kinda hoping it's just the turbo that would make me feel better about it. knowing I have a newer revision and if that's the case if I was you I would say fu*k the dealer and get a IS38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
Yeah, there's one problem with that theory.

It wasn't the turbo as I kinda hopped.

It was a rod bearing and the crankshaft was also damaged.

Shoot now I'm worried about this tune. I know I'm a different revision U.S. Stage 2 HT but damn. You think the turbo could've failed put metal fragments in to the engine causing the other damage to your rod bearing and crankshaft. I'm just hoping it wasn't too much timing and caused a knock knock followed bye a boom that would make me worried about our knock sensor and the tune.

mroski

Passed Driver's Ed
Shoot now I'm worried about this tune. I know I'm a different revision U.S. Stage 2 HT but damn. You think the turbo could've failed put metal fragments in to the engine causing the other damage to your rod bearing and crankshaft. I'm just hoping it wasn't too much timing and caused a knock knock followed bye a boom that would make me worried about our knock sensor and the tune.

Haha sorry to disappoint you but the turbo was just fine and its a Q revision! One of the very first ones.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Holy Christ... please put a "graphic content warning" banner up before that picture next time. Just get a new car as that monstrosity will never be anything but un-salvageable.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Holy Christ... please put a "graphic content warning" banner up before that picture next time. Just get a new car as that monstrosity will never be anything but un-salvageable.

lol

mroski

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry, I dont understand.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Mroski I feel like you should tell Eurodyne what happened even though there's no way to know if it was tune related.