GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

EuropeanJob

Won't be able to put up some for a while, we're in lockdown downunder so can only go out for essential stuff. May try the Go-Pro but don't have a mount for it in the car. Am getting a Dashcam soon, just waiting on delivery so that may be video source.

Stay safe!
Well, it isnt any different here, Stay safe,
hopefully we will able to go back to normal mode soon

EuropeanJob

Hey guys, hope you are healthy and safe.
Does anyone of you have a 169 kw engine and the TCR muffler mounted, because i have and want to know how its like.

EuropeanJob

Well, i did search for videos just like you did, but you pretended to have some more. "Plenty of videos on you tube too or the tcr exhaust" sounded like you knew many, but in the end its just videos about the TCR with the TCR muffler and not the GTI with 180 or 169 kw with the muffler which makes a difference as the engines are different, heres a quick overview:

CHHA - 169 kw engine of the non performance or old performance GTI
DLBA - 180 kw engine of the new Performance GTI
DNU - 213 kw engine of the TCR.

The difference between the old and new performance is not big but they still sound different.
And the difference to the TCR is bigger because it has an OPF and it still sounds better because of the Muffler.

In Conclusion the muffler will make the normal gti sound better, but will sound different to the TCR as it has a different engine and the 169 kw engine also has no OPF
So we werent searching for the TCR muffler on the TCR, we we were searching for the TCR muffler on a 7.5 GTI.

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Well, i did search for videos just like you did, but you pretended to have some more. "Plenty of videos on you tube too or the tcr exhaust" sounded like you knew many, but in the end its just videos about the TCR with the TCR muffler and not the GTI with 180 or 169 kw with the muffler which makes a difference as the engines are different, heres a quick overview:

CHHA - 169 kw engine of the non performance or old performance GTI
DLBA - 180 kw engine of the new Performance GTI
DNU - 213 kw engine of the TCR.

The difference between the old and new performance is not big but they still sound different.
And the difference to the TCR is bigger because it has an OPF and it still sounds better because of the Muffler.

In Conclusion the muffler will make the normal gti sound better, but will sound different to the TCR as it has a different engine and the 169 kw engine also has no OPF
So we werent searching for the TCR muffler on the TCR, we we were searching for the TCR muffler on a 7.5 GTI.
In the end nothing will sound perfect because its coming through speakers recorded in many many different ways. Im sorry I hurt your feelings.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In the end nothing will sound perfect because its coming through speakers recorded in many many different ways. Im sorry I hurt your feelings.

Yep. If you want to know how it sounds, then find someone local with the setup you are considering and listen to it in person.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Must be getting forgetful.... Here's the pics of what to expect if ordered through shopdap as promised. Excellent packing. Also a pic of it installed on the car... And a pic of Porsche Dials on the rabbit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_201144868.jpg
    IMG_20200320_201144868.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20200320_201342732.jpg
    IMG_20200320_201342732.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20200320_201824453.jpg
    IMG_20200320_201824453.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_20200323_185716513.jpg
    IMG_20200323_185716513.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 653
  • IMG_20200329_162054616.jpg
    IMG_20200329_162054616.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 461

GEE TI

Car(s)
18 GTI SE
Hey folks, muffler arrived this week and luckily I have a local shop providing pick up and drop off service. Guess I managed to complete the install and follow the social distancing guideline as well! ;)
A link of start-up comparison between the stock muffler and TCR muffler:

EuropeanJob

Hey folks, muffler arrived this week and luckily I have a local shop providing pick up and drop off service. Guess I managed to complete the install and follow the social distancing guideline as well! ;)
A link of start-up comparison between the stock muffler and TCR muffler:
Nice compact video, you can hear a clear difference, nice license plate btw!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I measured my Rabbit edition today, it's 60mm. Stupid Volkswagen. I was about to order a resonator delete, but the one for GTI isn't going to fit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Whats the point of VW making two different exhausts for the 'same' car?

I have no idea. It makes zero sense.

Makes me wonder if the DP is different too.