GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a gaytronic crossover this weekend

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Torque converter leaking seal leading to failure. Upgraded aftermarket replacement = $1000.

What sort of auxiliary tranny cooling does the car have? If it doesn't have an aux cooler I would consider installing one. Surely it has one though, if it was set up for towing at all.

If you are buying a/c compressor rebuild kits, you are probably plenty capable of driving and maintaining that car.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
But can that trans handle anything over stock? esp when it has been used for say 100k miles?!

That said I hear you on the aspect of having the kinks worked out. BTW was the timing belt/belts changed on that engine? They are due every 70k right?

The transmission is crappy... I dont think it can handle much power, not sure with the 2.7v6. I got the 2.8 V6 and I am preparing/deciding if I should get a timing belt change...Its got 152k but still runs strong...
BTW those V6 back in the days tend to burn lots of engine oil.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
What sort of auxiliary tranny cooling does the car have? If it doesn't have an aux cooler I would consider installing one. Surely it has one though, if it was set up for towing at all.

If you are buying a/c compressor rebuild kits, you are probably plenty capable of driving and maintaining that car.

I don't know how good it is but they do come with a decent looking aux cooler stock, never seen anyone say anything about them overheating on the EU forums where people actually tow stuff.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
THat is a clean example, no doubt. I think it is an excellent buy for the money. What car of that age does not have problems? I think Merkle said Tahoe. Let's talk about fuel pumps....

Anyhow, what is this free tune business? Like, performance tune? Or just an update?

Also, I absolutely hate the use of the black plastic on those. Always have. Simple fix though!

Good luck, can't wait to see you have the Z06 all trailered up behind it!!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Fuel pump for a tahoe is $100... just sain

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

Labor? How long does it take to change?

Anyhow, I was just saying as an example all cars of that vintage have SOME issues, nothing about the cost of said parts!

Gosh Max... bustin me balls an' shizzle!

McQueen77

Banned
and its not really a crossover right, its a gay wagon?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
gay wagon
Gaygon?
Wagay?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Labor? How long does it take to change?

Anyhow, I was just saying as an example all cars of that vintage have SOME issues, nothing about the cost of said parts!

Gosh Max... bustin me balls an' shizzle!

Well right but the dude has mad skillz he is saying he is rebuilding the air compressor for $95 vs 1k at dealer. I am sure he can handle a simple fuel pump.

Merkle

Banned

That's the going rate for a fuel pump. Notice I said 'drive-train' there's no doubt the rest of the machine is still shitty. :D

Nice Allroad Troy, if you get all the issues ironed out it will be a good machine, not bad for 5k.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Anyhow, what is this free tune business? Like, performance tune? Or just an update?

Also, I absolutely hate the use of the black plastic on those. Always have. Simple fix though!

Good luck, can't wait to see you have the Z06 all trailered up behind it!!

Whatever tune you can find or write:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/

Do you mean the flat gray painted bumpers and fender flares to make it look "rugged"? I don't like the finish on them, but the widebody + euro bumpers otherwise looks better than the regular Avants.

I like the allroad as a "crossover" that can actually fulfill multiple roles instead of just being a lame lifted hatchback.