Boss 302 or Modify a GT?

Which should I get?

• Boss 302

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Build a GT money pit

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

mk6gtiny

E9x m3s are fun track cars, they are expensive when it comes to adding big power compared to american muscle, z28 has some good reviews also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I REALLY want to get a C5 or C6 as my second "fun" car. I just need to get my wife on board with it....

Do eet.

I love my C5. It sucks in the city doe.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Test driving a 2015 SS 1LE tomorrow morning, hopefully I don't do anything stupid. Dat dual mode exhaust :drool:

Dat outward visibility :yikes:

Unfortunately, German pillboxes had better visibility than the latest gen Camaro. That was the main thing that kept me away from it and the 370z. As much as I wanted to like them, the fear of getting slammed into while backing out of a parking space ruled them out.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
nothing says 'MURIKA more than a cammed GT

Merkle

Banned
IF you're going near a track, get the Boss 302. it's got better everything suited for a track environment.

Also, something to consider, when you go to sell the car later on, the Boss will retain it's value much more than a GT, because of it's exclusivity, and its desirable to collectors.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
We go from DOHC flat-plane cranks to pushrods and cross-plane cranks. Nice ;)

I'm loving it. :thumbsup:

My research led me to believe that Stangs just aren't as reliable as a giant LS3. Once I drove both cars (and a bunch of others), the Camaro seemed like my best choice for a reliable RWD track monster project. I plan on keeping this baby for a long time, hence not wanting to take the risk of buying one used. Plus the deals you can get on a new one are pretty stellar if you have the time to dick around at multiple dealerships.

Last edited:

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Well dang! Is it a manual?

Of course, I would hope anyone who purchased a Camaro SS with an auto would immediately be banned from this site.

The only options are: dual mode exhaust, short shifter, nav, and RS package which adds halo lights, a different spoiler, and other body touches. I had a hell of a time finding one without a sunroof, and I didn't really want the nav system but everything else was just what I wanted. The first things on my list are suspension upgrades when the weather becomes more track friendly in a few months.

Merkle

Banned
Of course, I would hope anyone who purchased a Camaro SS with an auto would immediately be banned from this site.

Nice man, that will make one hell of a fast machine! I'm not a fan of nav in my driver's cars either, but oh well, maybe you can swap it out with someone plus cash on their end?