Which should I get?

• Boss 302

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Build a GT money pit

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I've been toying with the idea of picking up a Boss 302 as our second car, and letting my girlfriend daily my GTI.

The only issue being that the resale value on them is horrendous from what I've seen on the short supply of them, but they're fully loaded with pretty much everything I want. I could get a used GT and frankenstein it, but it's usually cheaper to just get it from the factory loaded in my experience. Thoughts? I don't want to spend more than $35,000, and I'm flexible on mileage.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
What would be the purpose? Just a fun cruiser? Track car? Pussy magnet? LOL

IDK, if you already have a GTI, I guess I would lean toward the 302 just to diversify your garage.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
What would be the purpose? Just a fun cruiser? Track car? Pussy magnet? LOL

IDK, if you already have a GTI, I guess I would lean toward the 302 just to diversify your garage.

Track car and daily driver. I really miss having a RWD, a stick, and a V8. A Mustang would satisfy those three needs. I would sell my GTI to my GF on paper since she loves and wants it, and the Mustang will just be mine because she doesn't drive stick.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I'm the only one who voted for GTI lol. I don't like fords so muffstain is out of the question.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Track car and daily driver. I really miss having a RWD, a stick, and a V8. A Mustang would satisfy those three needs. I would sell my GTI to my GF on paper since she loves and wants it, and the Mustang will just be mine because she doesn't drive stick.

Well, no doubt the 302 would be a fun track car, would need a few mods so it could turn a corner decently, but.........LOL

As a DD? I dunno, feeding that V8 daily may get tiresome.

But the last part answers your question. You want a V8 and RWD, you have to go 302. When you feel like driving a GTI you have one you can, when you want that V8 RWD fix you have it too.

Plus, the 302 will help you find a GF who handles stick better ;) :D :laugh:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Hell I want a boss myself, that is one of my favorite (affordable) cars in existence - and I own a Z06.

I'd love to have a boss as a daily and the Z06 as a track car, best of all worlds. Just need an AWD luxowagon to top it off.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Boss.

I can't believe anyone else would consider a GTI over a Boss. One is already a purpose built performer, the other is an econobox.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
I'm the only one who voted for GTI lol. I don't like fords so muffstain is out of the question.

The GTI is not an option, I get to keep that also, just not technically in my name anymore. I will say the interior of Mustangs are a little painful, but I think the awesome everything else will more than make up for the pickup truck dash.

Well, no doubt the 302 would be a fun track car, would need a few mods so it could turn a corner decently, but.........LOL

As a DD? I dunno, feeding that V8 daily may get tiresome.

But the last part answers your question. You want a V8 and RWD, you have to go 302. When you feel like driving a GTI you have one you can, when you want that V8 RWD fix you have it too.

Plus, the 302 will help you find a GF who handles stick better ;) :D :laugh:

:laugh:

I'm glad she doesn't drive stick (no pun intended), I'm super anal (no pun intended) as to who I let drive my manual cars. I'm not too worried about gas mileage, I don't have to commute that far nowadays.

Boss.

I can't believe anyone else would consider a GTI over a Boss. One is already a purpose built performer, the other is an econobox.

I think there is some confusion over the powl. The first option is to buy a Boss 302, and the second option is to modify a Mustang GT to pretty much be a Boss 302.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
The GTI is not an option, I get to keep that also, just not technically in my name anymore. I will say the interior of Mustangs are a little painful, but I think the awesome everything else will more than make up for the pickup truck dash.

:laugh:

I'm glad she doesn't drive stick (no pun intended), I'm super anal (no pun intended) as to who I let drive my manual cars. I'm not too worried about gas mileage, I don't have to commute that far nowadays.

I think there is some confusion over the powl. The first option is to buy a Boss 302, and the second option is to modify a Mustang GT to pretty much be a Boss 302.

Wow I need a new screen protector haha.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Wait you have a Mk7 and you already want a new car? Why did you buy a brand new GTI if you wanted a RWD manual V8?

I'd say get a GT and make it yours.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I will say the interior of Mustangs are a little painful, but I think the awesome everything else will more than make up for the pickup truck dash.

Ford did a nice job refining the interior on the new 2015 Mustangs, and the new Mustang GT/PP is supposed to be faster on the track than the old Boss 302.

I'd consider going that route for a refined daily driver and weekend track car. After tracking the car a bit, you can always upgrade the suspension if you think it's too mushy.

Wait a few months and you can pick up a lightly used 2015 GT for a decent price.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
if u can afford, boss!

i am kinda with you, i started getting bored of my mk7 n haven't even modded it yet, mostly with the DSG just a few months after purchase, when i should've gotten an ST or WRX to begin with and wait for cheaper wrx manuals in my area. Can't go v8 as DD cuz i drive at most 400 miles a week and also i deal with traffic a lot, hence DSG.

As a second toy, i may go with neek's route like the 96-99 cobra w/ sn95 supercharger or e36 m3, 350/370z nismo, perhaps 996 911 c2 etc. in a year or 2 who knows, i may potentially pay off the GTI since i dumped about $20k from insurance from my mk6's loss as DP so its cheap as a hyundai as monthly payment. I will try many cars. or just trade the GTI in and get a wrx or St, well I'm more leaning on wrx.

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Boss.

The one with a live rear axle is a purpose built performer? LOL

I would still vote boss, but chosen different words. The boss has that motor and only enough to get that power to the wheels. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Based on the comments you've already made.. the choice is simple.