GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boot LED light installed

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Must do this as I've got heaps of those damned LED bulbs after screwing up my ebaY order.

Mummbles

Car(s)
Na
Same led unit for the boot lamp can be used in vanity mirror lighting. Just done it massive improvement.

they aren't actually the same. sit the original boot bulb next to one of the original vanity bulbs. boot is 42mm, vanity is 39mm.
you can get the boot bulb to fit the vanity however.

Kevmor

Passed Driver's Ed
Read the post it's says the same led unit can be used, not the LEDs are the same. Got the idea from your original post Mummbles and as we seem to have to buy them in packs of ten in the UK?? For thirty seconds fiddling it's worth while. Otherwise what do you do with nine LEDs? Answers on a post card please..........

le0n1

Ready to race!
The LED is way to bright for the vanity Mirror. Tryid it, did'nt like it and changed it back :)

Betty Swollocks

Ready to race!
The LED is way to bright for the vanity Mirror. Tryid it, did'nt like it and changed it back :)

That was in the back of my mind.... 16 LEDs sounded a bit much. But I did order them about 3 hours ago..... Shoulda waited till I read this then le0n?

le0n1

Ready to race!
That was in the back of my mind.... 16 LEDs sounded a bit much. But I did order them about 3 hours ago..... Shoulda waited till I read this then le0n?

In my opinion you should, but try it and see for yourself :)
Very easy to install.

Kevmor

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a decent cheap mod and works well as a reading light one other thing guys, the girls will love it on the passenger side as it's so much easier for make up......lol.....cue abuse......don't forget to say to the loved one "I did that just for you".........

Essjay

Ready to race!
I've fitted the 42mm (16 element) led in the boot, and makes a great difference, but after fitting them in the vanity lights, like le0n, I found them far too bright, and I've removed them.
I see you can get 39mm led's which have fewer elements, which may be not so bright, so I may give them a try.

I've fitted the 42mm (16 element) led in the boot, and makes a great difference, but after fitting them in the vanity lights, like le0n, I found them far too bright, and I've removed them.
I see you can get 39mm led's which have fewer elements, which may be not so bright, so I may give them a try.

Yes, I've got some 39mm 9 led units on order for my vanity mirrors, as well as some 42's for the boot and glovebox. I'll post pictures etc. when they arrive and I get time to fit.

Essjay

Ready to race!
I've just fitted the new 39mm 6 element led festoon bulbs to the vanity lights, and I must say they're much better than the 49mm 16 element ones I tried (far too bright).
These are the bulbs I used:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-6-LED-38mm-39mm-XENON-WHITE-NUMBER-PLATE-INTERIOR-LIGHT-FESTOON-BULB-/330853653892?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

I took a couple of pictures to show how easy the job is. The bulb units just pull out from the lining using your fingers, and you can remove the holder by disconnecting the end plug.
Be careful not to let the plug spring back up into the headlining.
If you find the bulb doesn't light, then just turn it round in the holder, and you should be good to go.
It really is a simple job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 936

Essjay

Ready to race!
Sorry, can't see how to upload more than 1 picture at a time :confused:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 917

Essjay

Ready to race!
Pic No.3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 924

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, I'll give that a go as I've got heaps of those bulbs owing to a slight cock-up on purchasing.